“Not what I expected for a Holiday Inn....”

Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Ranked #1 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Longmont, Colorado
“Not what I expected for a Holiday Inn....”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

New hotel (3 months, I think we were told) and beautiful. Finishing touches you would only expect to see in a high end hotel. The front desk staff were great - friendly, accommodating, and even called the room to thank us again for choosing to stay there. King bed was very comfortable and, if I could have, I would have taken one of the pillows with me!! Clean, comfortable, nice pool area, beautiful decor, and great front desk staff....would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Annielu,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. We are thrilled to hear that the staff went above and beyond your expectations. We take great pride in giving guests a world class experience for a fraction of the cost. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to the Austin area. Happy travels back to Colorado!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The best hotel stay, business or pleasure, in many years. The property is new, looks great, very comfortable, super clean. The staff was so friendly and did everything they could to make you feel welcomed. Everyone from the shuttle driver, front desk staff, bar and restaurant staff to the house keeping staff were all friendly and professional. Food and bar service was great and the prices were good. Meals selection was also good. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Brian,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. Our staff has a feverish commitment to providing our guests with world class service and will be delighted to hear about your validation of their ongoing efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Austin area.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Made a last minute reservation didn't really want to stay at this hotel but when I checked in my attitude about staying changed.
The front staff was very nice and helpful.
The room was way better then what I expected. Nice comfy bed.
The bar was great. 1/2 price beer and wine for happy hour. The food is awesome. Not the frozen stuff. Sean the owner of the bar area was very friendly and also all the food recipes are his.
Got to meet the owner of the hotel and talk with him for awhile(very nice man).
Next time I go to Austin, I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014
Reid,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. We are thrilled to hear that we surpassed your expectations and that you were able to take advantage of our daily Happy Hour. On behalf of the entire staff here, I thank you again for your acknowledgement of our efforts and our hotel. Happy travels!!
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Hi ,
I have stayed in Holiday Inn across the country and this is the nicest one I have stayed in yet.
The beds are soft and comfortable , quality irons well decorated and spacious rooms that have connections for a game system in the room for the kids when they come stay . The snacks bar has anything you could want from ice cream to frozen dinners to cookie and candy .
The bar is a full bar that has happy hour (4 to 6) half price any kind of beer . The food is amazing they have a full menu fresh made to order not that frozen pre packaged crap. The coffee in the morning is Starbucks yummy . The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. They have a spacious and comfortable outdoor furniture in the pool area. Nice modern eating area all decorations are modern .. Close to the airport but also closes to Austin to go do anything you would like . I have stayed in other Holiday Inn in the Austin that are not as nice and they charge way more I would rather drive a little further and stay here .
....... Now make sure you booked this one because there is another one just down the street that is terrible.. I hope this helps you decide. ..

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Alex,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. We are thrilled to hear that we surpassed your expectations. The hotel and our staff is striving to raise the standard and your recognition of our efforts is very much appreciated. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Happy travels!
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

when i walked i thought i was in a 5 star hotel. very modern and clean look. friendly staff. Bill Chaco managing director of sales was very friendly as we rooted for the SPURS. definite top notch hotel. will be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your top notch review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. We are delighted to hear that we surpassed your expectations and that you will be coming back to stay with us again soon. Happy travels!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arrival it was easy to see this is not the Holiday Inn of days past. I haven't stayed in a HI for many years but from memory it used to be a coin flip of Holiday Inn or Best Western. Anyway, fast forward to the transformation of todays time.

The visual appeal and styling is apparent as soon as you enter the lobby. It is clean and well organized. It has a very modern style complete with clean lines and sophisticated furnishings. We were greeted very politely very quickly. David and Nate who were checking-in guests were very polite, dressed sharp, efficient and accommodating. They treated us as if they were genuinely happy to see we made it.

The bar area looked very classy and although we didn't use this particular area during our stay it would have been nice to enjoy a cocktail in the late evening hours. Perhaps another time.

The corridors are very ample and allow you to wheel your luggage without impeding other guests who are passing by. The room appearance was fantastic. The modern style is present in the rooms. There was plenty of counter space, an in room fridge, the LCD TV was adequate sized and there were plenty of places to charge the gadgets most of us have incorporated into our lives. The room was very clean and crisp. Our rooms were very spacious and inviting and the vanity area will be appreciated by you ladies I am sure. The "L" shaped sofa was comfortable but nothing compared to the comfort of the mattress. I meant to look at the tag on this mattress before I left but didn't. The comfort is superior to my bed at home which is not too shabby if I say so myself. I don't know how old the building is or if it has required any remodel but I didn't see any drips, leaks, caulk missing, mold or mildew that seems to be too common when staying in rooms in this price range. Some might say I am too picky while I defend that I am just observant and those needed repairs of some hotels drive me crazy. Anyway, I challenge you to find something wrong with the rooms here.

Nite nite.... sweet dreams.... :D

Woke up feeling refreshed. The coffee provided in the room was tasty and convenient. I do prefer the 4 cup coffee makers that used to be in most hotels but this one worked just fine. We just bummed around for a bit then went down the the dining area for breakfast. We caught the tail end of breakfast service so the buffet was a bit depleted. We chose to order from the menu and the choices were plentiful. The prices are very reasonable and the portions were larger than we could finish. Ralph and Victoria were our servers and they were fantastic.

Cleaning staff: I regret not getting the names of the cleaning staff but they are very friendly and need to be thanked for making your hotel shine. Without them it would not be the same so please pat them on the back the next time you see them pass by.

We went for a morning swim and were the only guests at the pool. The patio is adjacent to the pool area but separate if you wanted to relax and read and not be disturbed by the pool activity. There were plenty of chairs and towels available at the pool. It was very clean and relaxing.

The lobby is very open and spacious but there are many conveniences packed into this space. There is a business center if you want to check the weather or emails or maybe have a glass of the lemon water which looks very inviting on the table? There is a guest "convenience center" that is very neat in presentation and well stocked. You are not forced into a gift shop if you want a snack or a cool drink. It has a very "free" feel to it which is hard to describe. It is almost as if all of these items are complimentary. (They are not so don't get any crazy ideas) You grab what you want and the hotel rep will ring you up and get you on your way. You can also get a Starbucks if you are someone who enjoys a stronger cup of Joe. Janice is a lovely lady who was eager to please and had our coffee ready in no time flat. This was our first time seeing her but not the last. When we were checking out it was raining sideways and we were in a pickup. We had some handy dandy trash bags to wrap our luggage in but they were not big enough for the task. Janice saw we were having a challenge but instead of simply thinking "well bless their hearts" she contacted the holder of the big bags and in a few short minutes the luggage was protected and we were on our way. The staff here go the extra mile and need to be appreciated for such. There are literally hundreds of choices in hotels in Austin but this one is our "go to" from now on when we are in town. Furthermore, when our travel clients are looking for a place to stay in Austin this will be the first recommendation. You offer a lot of value while providing excellent service and I thank you for that. Please keep up the great work.

Kind regards,

Scott C.
scott@goelite.travel

Room Tip: Room choices are two queens or one king size bed. It is hard to believe the lack of traffic noise a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Scott,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport! On behalf of the entire staff here, I thank you for your positive critique and we all look forward to welcoming you and your travel clients to the hotel in the near future. The staff has a feverish and genuine commitment to giving each and every guest world class service and we appreciate your validation of our efforts. To follow up on some of your curiosities, the hotel was opened on March 2014 and the mattresses are Siemens Beauty Rest. Once again, thank you again for taking time out of your day to recognize our hotel and our team. Happy travels!
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the moment you walk in you realize this is not your momma's Holiday Inn, the hotel is modern and sophisticated. It has a great look, and wonderful bed, but it is the staff who really take it to the next level. They are so easy to work with that before you leave you feel like you've become friends. The staff make sure that your stay is exactly what you need it to be, for example the first night there I was in the restaurant but needed to work and they gave me the space I needed to do so. But the second night I sat at the bar and had a blast with the bar tender, she made me feel right at home.

This is my ideal spot when staying on the south side of Austin, I will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jacquelyn,

Thank you for your recent five star review of the modern and sophisticated Holiday Inn Austin Airport! We love to hear that we went above and beyond your expectations. On behalf of the entire staff and especially the team members of the bar and bistro, I thank you for taking advantage of the onsite restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Austin area.