“A vacation and home away from home”

Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Ranked #1 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Hotel Director of Operations, Mrs. Joshalyn Walker, worked very hard to assure that me and my family experienced a vacation and a home away from home. She worked hands- on with her staff to attend to all of our needs. We have two small children. Mrs. Walker talked to them. The kids felt like they were at home with family. I am an avid sports fan. She gave me directions to the best sports restaurants. My wife likes to dine at the finest restaurants. We were given the Names, Addresses and phone numbers of the good places to eat. The Hotel was busy and there was a line of guests checking in. The Director of Operations joined the staff to assure each guest were treated like they were special.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Tyrone,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport! We are thrilled to hear that your family had a memorable stay with us. There is nothing more rewarding than receiving a review like yours. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel and wishes you a great summer season!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The owner, Brendan Gilyan, happened to be at the front desk when I got there, introduced himself and gave me a warm welcome. Very pleasant! The staff was very friendly too, especially Joshalyn. She made sure I had everything I needed and made sure my stay was great! Very sweet lady. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are so clean, and the food is great! I would for sure stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Kathy,

The staff at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport thanks you for your recent review of the hotel. We really appreciate you taking time out of your day to acknowledge our staff and their efforts. Our staff has a strong commitment to providing world class customer service and looks forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our family vacation was great and this hotel was everything I expected and more. The staff receives a grade A and my family truly enjoyed the F1 firework show. If we make it back down to Austin we will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Traveler,

The entire staff at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport thanks you for your recent review of the hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and will be staying with us in the future. Again, thank you for spending your holiday weekend with us. Safe and happy travels!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came down for the car show. The lady joshalyn was very sweet. She upgraded our room because of our status without us eveb asking and made sure our stay was great. Also, love the patio area and happy hour best part of our stay

• Stayed: June 2014

Vance,

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport, I thank you for your recent review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the onsite restaurant and happy hour specials. Our guest services team takes their commitment to providing world class customer service to heart and will appreciate your recognition and validation of their efforts. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We came down to Austin for an overnighter, just to get out of our routine. We had found this hotel online and booked it after seeing the outstanding reviews. Unless you are wanting to stay near the Austin Bergstrom International Airport, you might not think of staying in this brand new hotel, and with road construction and no signage except on the building itself, it was a bit hard to find even when looking for it. However, on entering, it was clear this is not the Holiday Inn of old, but a very sleek, modern hotel. It has interactive kiosks with all the incoming and outgoing flights from the airport, a full service restaurant and bar, nice outdoor swimming pool, sleek and quick Schindler elevators (Schindler's lifts?). Our room had a cool vibe, with muted silvery blue and black color schemes, a corner sofa that was a surprise in a room of this price, a wide array of connection ports for almost any electronic media one would want to have in a hotel. The bed was firm and very comfortable, shower was excellent. The insulation was sufficient that we heard no highway or airport noise, and very minimal sounds from other guests. All for <$100 before taxes on a Saturday night, much less than anything but more low-budget roadhouse hotels in Austin.

The front desk staff, David, Janice and Ian, were very pleasant, professional, and friendly, and a worker in the restaurant gave me the latest on the day's World Cup matches and future matchups, which we had missed while enjoying the city. While talking with Janice, I found out she was closely related to some very old friends of my parents, who lived more than 200 miles away.

We got the breakfast-included package, which was about $10 extra but saved an additional $10 off our breakfast bill. Breakfasts were large and filling, and very tasty, although service was remarkably slow given there was one other patron in the restaurant at the time. They appear to have a weekday breakfast buffet, which might be far quicker, but I would ask about it to make sure.

You may be put off by the out of the way location, but it is directly on Hwy 71, which is a limited access highway that can deliver you to any South Austin or downtown location (Via IH-35) in a few minutes, and to the airport terminal in less than 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CentralTXFoodLover

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. The staff is thrilled with your review as it details matters big and small and we all know that it is the little things that set a hotel apart. Thank you for recognizing the hotel, the restaurant, our team and the value! We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I travel to Austin often; usually stay downtown only. I will be changing my ways.

This Hotel is new, so the chic HGTV-like décor and neat vibe are inevitable - but at a Holiday Inn? OMG - this place is fantastic!! Superb, professional service, quick assistance; and every update a frequent business traveler like me wants in the room set-up. My Bathroom - Perfect.

Now to the best part - this Hotel's restaurant is not to be believed. Sean, the chef, is Cordon Bleu-trained and if you love food, this restaurant will shock you with its fabulous flavors. Started with an excellently prepared mojito and the menu's stuffed avocado; amazing combination of avocado, grilled chicken and bacon, queso and fresh picco de gallo - perfect starter. It just pops in your mouth and gets your excited you for the next course - exactly as it should. Tried the menu's pork chop, which was accompanied by the chef's homemade creamed corn. Sophistication and comfort in every bite.

Try it; and then tell everyone about it - this is how business travel - and food on the road - should be.

Room Tip: Room set-up is great; may want to request a room that does not face the front due to parking lot lig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Kathryn,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. The entire staff and especially the restaurant are utterly grateful for your recognition of their talent and efforts. We take our commitment to providing guests a world class experience to heart and appreciate your acknowledgment of our hotel. Thank you again Kathryn and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We look forward to staying at this hotel every time we come to Austin. Staff at the hotel go the extra mile to ensure your stay is great. The food in the restaurant is amazing, definitely the best I have had in a restaurant. We had a whole group staying here and they allowed us to have a get together out on their amazing patio. Bill Chaco the Managing Director of Sales went out of his way to make sure that we were able to do anything we needed to keep our customers happy. Definitely helped make our customers entire weekend amazing. Definitely 5 stars! As I told Bill and all of the people in our group I feel like this hotel is better than the W downtown in every way! Thanks for the great stay, this will for sure be our new Austin home!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Trevor,

Thank you for your amazing review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. Your feedback has more than excited the staff and they look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay. The restaurant and staff is led by our Chef of Le Cordon Blue Culinary Institute and he is dedicated to providing the highest level of culinary and hospitality through his knowledge and efforts. On behalf of his team and ours, I thank you again for your review of the hotel and restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy travels!