“Fabulous! A wonderful place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Ranked #1 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This 4 month old hotel is an absolute gem and a terrific value for the money. We could not have possibly been any happier with our stay. For starters, one of their female staffers called us before our arrival to see if we had any questions or if she could do anything to make our stay more enjoyable. Wow! I am not used to that level of service; it was a pleasant surprise and certainly a good first impression. This hotel is less than 10 minutes from the airport. It is new and modern; so much more than I expected from a Holiday Inn. Tremendous curb appeal, modern styling, incredibly clean. We were warmly greeted by Katy and Nathan, who could not have been any nicer or any more professional. The room we requested was ready and waiting. It was clean, welcoming, and well appointed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that I wish we could've stayed more than 2 nights. The amenities were well thought out, such as a desk on wheels to move wherever you might want to work, and a small tray table near the comfy chair. The closet was a nice size and there was plenty of drawer space. Reading lights near the beds were a really nice touch. They have a very nice sized outdoor pool with the nicest hotel patio furniture I've ever seen. Although this hotel is close to the highway, we felt the outdoor pool area was our own little private sanctuary. It could not have been any more inviting. My children love to swim and the staff kindly delivered our food order right to the pool area. We got simple food like chicken fingers but they were yummy! Breakfast is not included with all of their rates (we paid a bit more for the breakfast option), but there are reasonably priced options like oatmeal and a banana or fruit with a muffin. There are also the traditional hot options like pancakes, bacon and eggs, etc. The dining area was very clean and the staff pleasant. We wanted to see the bats at the Congress Street bridge but all of the tour buses were sold out. I went to the desk for help. The very nice woman told me she didn't know too much about that, but would go ask her manager. The manager came out and introduced herself, and gave me the information I needed on seeing the bats. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel or their staff. I would absolutely stay here again if my travels brought me back to Austin. Wonderful stay! Thank you Katy and Nathan for making us feel so welcome!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Amy,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport hotel. Our staff is thrilled with your feedback! The entire team is committed to delivering all of our guests the best possible service and attention. Going above and beyond is the standard and we thank you for taking notice of our initiatives like the welcoming calls for instance. We are delighted to hear that your room and the hotel in general exceeded your expectations and that you had a restful stay. We thank you and your family again for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Airport and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We hosted our daughter's graduation party here. The facility is extremely modern, chic and contemporary. The service was excellent with staff very friendly , bending backwards to make our party a success and to accommodate all our requirements. They far exceeded our expectations , our guests loved it and we hope to have all our future functions here !!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Tazeen,

Thank you for the opportunity to have hosted such a memorable occasion! The entire team at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport takes great pleasure in going above and beyond for our guests and will be humbled with your kind remarks. We very much look forward to hosting and celebrating your family's future milestones here at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport.

Best regards!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here in July and really liked this new version of Holiday Inn. It was virtually identical to a new Holiday Inn we stayed at in Virginia several months ago. Our room was large, clean, quiet, contemporary, digitally well-equipped, and comfortable. Even the hallways had a light and colorful feel about them. Equally impressive, our room rate for this place was almost 30% cheaper than what we had been quoted for comparable hotels in the downtown area and along the I-35 corridor. It’s unlikely that the rate will stay so cheap but we will continue to rank it near the top of our list when planning future visits.

But great value doesn’t mean this place is blemish free. For one, there is no obvious sign on Highway 71 (going east from I-35) to let you know when you should exit. Overshoot and you get to visit the airport before turning around. Maybe that will change in time. Two, there does not appear to be any full-service restaurants (other than the one in the hotel) along this stretch of highway. Perhaps that will also change as this area builds up. For now, if you want a full menu option outside the hotel, the easiest thing to do is go back and find it along the I-35 corridor. Three, we repeatedly have experienced long waiting times to check-in at the multiple Holiday Inns we have visited this summer. It was “only” 15 minutes at this particular location but we got here late at night and only one person was a head of us. The clerk this time told us the same thing that the clerk in Virginia had told us several months earlier -- there was a problem with the reservation system that was slowing things down. How long does it take to fix a computer problem? Be that as it may, a 15 minute wait was well worth the money we saved by staying here. It is a nice place and worth a look.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. We thank you for your loyalty and are glad to hear that you are a fan of the newly designed social hub concept that you have experienced twice now. The open concept offers guests a multitude of amenities and services at their fingertips. The G Bar and Bistro offers a great dining option since restaurants aren't readily available on the Hwy 71 corridor. Luckily, the hotel's convenient location to downtown opens up a variety of delectable options to our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again and are honored to be one of your top lodging picks in the Austin area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had been delayed in Atlanta for several hours on our trip home from a month-long vacation only to find out that our luggage did not make it and our house sitter reported that our air conditioner had decided to quit operating...and it was 95 degrees in the house...all this at 5:00 a.m. We decided to try to find a hotel near the airport to try and grab a little sleep and then go pick up our bags at their scheduled arrival some time after lunch. When trying to book a room online at that hour failed, I started calling hotels directly and was told repeatedly that we could not check in that early because their "..night auditor had left.."or that it "..was against their policy..",etc.

Luckily, I happened across the shiny new Holiday Inn Austin Airport and was cheerfully greeted by Bentley, who appreciated our situation and went the extra mile to accommodate us and make sure we had toiletries and a quiet, comfortable room after a really long and trying travel day. We were very impressed with the ultra-clean lobby and restaurant area that looked like it was ready for a promotional photo shoot. Our king bed was perfect and the spotless, well-appointed room still had that "new car smell", which was a welcome relief after being stuck on a couple of packed airplanes and a chaotic airport for many unexpected hours.

In addition to Bentley's graciousness and extra effort at check-in, we had a very pleasant departure experience with Janice at the front desk. Both of these folks are exemplary employees and as an IHG Platinum Elite member, I wish more of the customer service folks I deal with at other IHG properties could take lessons from them!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

Let me start off by thanking you for your loyalty to the IHG brand, we appreciate your commitment! It was truly a pleasure to have accommodated you given the less than desirable circumstances you had endured prior to your arrival. Our guest services department takes great pleasure in providing our guests world class service and attention and will be humbled by your validation of their efforts. Thank you again and we look forward to being your home away from home on your next visit to the Austin area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I stayed 3 total nights at this hotel and loved everything about it. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was extremely clean! Janice and David at the front desk were so nice and personable. The kitchen staff did a wonderful job as well. Sean was a great chef! The food was outstanding! I would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. We look forward to our next stay there in Austin.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Kelli,

A big thank you to you and your family for your 3 night stay with us at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport! The hotel and restaurant staff alike are humbled by your recognition of their feverish efforts in providing our coveted guests world class service and attention. We look forward to the opportunity to host you, your family and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I know what you are thinking - "airport" hotel locations can be a little sketchy and run down at best. I was incredibly, happily surprised when I checked in to the new Holiday Inn Austin Airport location.

To preface the review, I live in the Austin area. I was flying home late from a business trip at 1am and did not want to make the additional hour drive home. So I was looking for a reasonable, nothing fancy stay just to sleep. What a surprise - wish I could have stayed longer for fun!

When you walk in, the lobby, décor and even the music playing in the lobby does not evoke feelings of being in a Holiday Inn - it felt very upscale and even hip. There is a great, large bar area, terrific Starbuck's coffee bar (which was terrific and actually tasted like Starbuck's...)

My room felt like a boutique hotel or apartment - very cool. I did have an upgraded room, so I had a separate, walled off TV / lounge area and a huge room with a terrific entertainment system. My room overlooked the pool area, which looked so nice. The pool area had a wide assortment of outdoor lounge furniture - couches, lounge chairs, coffee tables, etc - truly looked more like a vacation resort setting than a Holiday Inn. Pool area and lounge area looked really large, too.

If you are ever in the Austin area an need a conveniently located hotel to the airport or even F1 races, do not overlook this location. Very nice, affordable and I can see that it would be great to block off rooms for out-of-town guests for wedding parties, reunions, F1 events. Easy access to I-35. Even if you live in the Austin area and need a "date night" or easy staycation, keep this on your list for affordability, amenities and a great pool area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leggo_Mego

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you are a fan of the new design showcasing the open hub concept which features the lavish lounge area you loved. The onsite Starbucks coffee bar alongside the G Bar and Bistro makes for a great dining or grab and go stop for our guests. The suites take into consideration all the accommodations a business traveler such as yourself would ask for and we are glad you took advantage of this room upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we very much look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

New hotel with a new modern look! Food in the restaurant was excellent...all the staff pleasant and attentive from Bill the manager to Janice at the front desk. Love the reading lights on the bed, didn't keep my husband up while I was enjoying a book!! Will definitely be back and highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DJHTDH

Dear Traveler,

The staff at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport is delighted to hear that you had a relaxing and memorable stay with us. Thank you for taking advantage of our onsite bar and restaurant. We appreciate you taking notice of our new decor and the little extras like the reading lights on the head boards. We designed the hotel with every traveler in mind and are happy to have obliged your wants and needs. We definitely look forward to being your home away from home in the future.