“Excellent staff, friendly and go out of the way to make.the stay pleasant. I recommend this to anyone”

Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Ranked #1 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Staff are so friendly, and they go out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Hotel is first class, and rooms are nice and clean. I would Recommend this holiday inn to anyone. The food in the restaurant is good.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Clara K
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Clara,

On behalf of the entire team at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport, I extend our sincere thank you for your recent review. The staff takes their commitment to providing first class service to our guests to heart and will be validated and pleased with your feedback. We are humbled by your recommendation and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Happy travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The overall service and cleanliness was awesome. No free coffee is a first for me. No free continental breakfast also a first. We did get a 20$ voucher towards our breakfast and I had steak and eggs....best steak ever. The bar should open before 3:00 P.M. but the Happy Hour from 3-6 every day is epic. The beers they offer are great and the appetizers during Happy Hour are outstanding! The pool area is clean and fun. Awesome experience with just a few kinks to work out. Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank chinoho
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport hotel. Since we are a full service Holiday Inn with an onsite bar and restaurant we are differentiated from the Holiday Inn Express and thus do not include breakfast. As you are aware, we do offer rates that include a breakfast and the restaurant offers some fantastic selections. Our food and beverage team will be humbled by your feedback and praise. We would love to be your host hotel on your next trip to the Austin area and look forward to that opportunity.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Staff here is great. Food, particularly the stuffed avocado is amazing. Great beverage selection. This is NOT the old mid scale feel Holiday Inn! Room rates with AAA are reasonable, even with construction in highway easy to find and get to. My one question or perhaps challenge was having gratuity of 18% added even for a solo traveller. I typically tip better, but once on the receipt I am stuck by company policy. I asked the 2 folks working in restaurant & bar if their tips had gone up as a result and they said not so far. I would suggest a tip calculator style receipt for individual bills and reserve the auto add for larger parties.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelley M
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Kelley,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport hotel. The staff will be delighted with your feedback of their excellent service provided. The hotel itself opened in March 2014 and the entire team takes pride in keeping it "new" for our coveted guests. Thank you for taking the time out to dine at our G Bar and Bistro as well. I will pass along your suggestions to the Food and Beverage team. We look forward to being your go to hotel when traveling to the Austin area.

Lovelady, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great people who are friendly and accommodating. The room was immaculate. The food was great. They were a little behind in the kitchen service. I don't think they were really prepared for any kind of demand, but the food was excellent.

They serve Starbucks coffee! The only think I wish they had was movies to order. They did have HBO though.

This will be our go to hotel in the future!

Thanks

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. The team is excited to hear that you were pleased with the hotel, restaurant and the Starbucks coffee of course! The premium channels are a nice little extra but I will pass along your suggestion on movies to our Operations Department. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to being your go to hotel in the Austin area.

Bellevue, NE
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had a flight diverted and cancelled and ended up staying at this new hotel (only 5 months old). It was LOVELY! The front desk help outstanding, hotel was beautiful with all modern amenities, super comfortable beds, wonderful food in the restaurant and delicious cabernet bottled right there in Texas. Pool looked lovely although we went right to bed after dinner. Free shuttle back to airport that runs 24 hrs. This was a quick overnight to catch a plane home but it was so enjoyable I wish we could have stayed a couple days!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport hotel. We appreciate your feedback on our amenities and are glad you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service during your short stay. Perhaps on your next stay you will also be able to take a dip in the pool and relax at the outdoor lounge. The onsite G Bar and Bistro offers a wide variety of craft drinks and Texas wines to our guests and we are delighted with the response we have received on the selection. Thank you again for your recent thoughts and sharing them with the Trip Advisor family.

Erie, Colorado
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for an overnight business trip, and booked the room based on Trip Advisor reviews, which were all on the mark. There was a lot to like about this HI.

The room-darkening blinds were very effective. The HVAC system worked well and wasn't too noisy. My bed had gooseneck reading lights on either side of the bed's headboard. I've never seen those before in a motel and they were a nice touch, as I usually read in bed for an hour or two before sleeping. Neither the room nor the motel itself was noisy and I slept well.

The WiFi connection was excellent, and included in the price. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was very clean and nicely appointed for a small meeting and work. My room had a small sectional sofa, which was a welcome change from the usual generic office chairs. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lunch and breakfast were tasty and there was a good variety. Thanks to Marco in the restaurant for the excellent service. This HI is easy to reach from the airport by car.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. The hotel staff is thrilled to hear that you took the time to research our hotel and that we lived up to your expectations. The hotel was designed with leisure and business travelers in mind so we are delighted to hear that you took notice of the little extras like the reading lamps. Thank you for taking advantage of the onsite G Bar and Bistro, the food and beverage team will be humbled by your feedback on service provided. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This 4 month old hotel is an absolute gem and a terrific value for the money. We could not have possibly been any happier with our stay. For starters, one of their female staffers called us before our arrival to see if we had any questions or if she could do anything to make our stay more enjoyable. Wow! I am not used to that level of service; it was a pleasant surprise and certainly a good first impression. This hotel is less than 10 minutes from the airport. It is new and modern; so much more than I expected from a Holiday Inn. Tremendous curb appeal, modern styling, incredibly clean. We were warmly greeted by Katy and Nathan, who could not have been any nicer or any more professional. The room we requested was ready and waiting. It was clean, welcoming, and well appointed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that I wish we could've stayed more than 2 nights. The amenities were well thought out, such as a desk on wheels to move wherever you might want to work, and a small tray table near the comfy chair. The closet was a nice size and there was plenty of drawer space. Reading lights near the beds were a really nice touch. They have a very nice sized outdoor pool with the nicest hotel patio furniture I've ever seen. Although this hotel is close to the highway, we felt the outdoor pool area was our own little private sanctuary. It could not have been any more inviting. My children love to swim and the staff kindly delivered our food order right to the pool area. We got simple food like chicken fingers but they were yummy! Breakfast is not included with all of their rates (we paid a bit more for the breakfast option), but there are reasonably priced options like oatmeal and a banana or fruit with a muffin. There are also the traditional hot options like pancakes, bacon and eggs, etc. The dining area was very clean and the staff pleasant. We wanted to see the bats at the Congress Street bridge but all of the tour buses were sold out. I went to the desk for help. The very nice woman told me she didn't know too much about that, but would go ask her manager. The manager came out and introduced herself, and gave me the information I needed on seeing the bats. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel or their staff. I would absolutely stay here again if my travels brought me back to Austin. Wonderful stay! Thank you Katy and Nathan for making us feel so welcome!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Amy,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport hotel. Our staff is thrilled with your feedback! The entire team is committed to delivering all of our guests the best possible service and attention. Going above and beyond is the standard and we thank you for taking notice of our initiatives like the welcoming calls for instance. We are delighted to hear that your room and the hotel in general exceeded your expectations and that you had a restful stay. We thank you and your family again for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Airport and look forward to welcoming you back soon.