“Wasn't Going Home Without a Pair of Boots! Heritage Boot Co. Kicks Butt!”
Review of Heritage Boot

Heritage Boot
Ranked #24 of 114 Shopping in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Hand-made western boots with a distinctively retro-vintage style. Our historically authentic boots are timeless classics, inspired with detailing and design elements taken from the 1930s thru 1960s. Featured on: Forbes, BBC Travel, New York Times, Padma Lackshmi of Top Chef, Sailor Jerry Rum, Frommers
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Straight from the airport, my first stop in Austin was Heritage Boot Co. Sadly, they closed at 6ish and we arrived closer to 7ish, still I could smell the leather when peering through the door! Before arriving in Austin, I had decided to shop at Heritage Boot Co. I wanted boots for life. I wanted boots that were hand sewn, artfully crafted, and not mass produced. I knew going in about the price point; however, 0I also knew about the quality, service, and limited selection. These boots are works of art. I went in with one idea, fairly certain I knew what I wanted in terms of style, color, shaft length and toe. I'm glad I kept an open mind!

We returned on Saturday morning. We were greeted by the smell of leather and the view of walls filled with the most gorgeous boots I've ever seen. Amanda, our boot maven, asked some questions to get a general idea, brought me socks and started bringing on the boots! I was having so much fun, my sister and son joined in!

It was immediately apparent to me that what I thought I wanted wasnt what looked good on my leg. The longer shaft was not a good look with my full calves. I didnt think I wanted a pee-wee boot, but boy am I glad I. Said yes when she brought me some to try on!

The story almost had a sad ending...after trying on probably 15 pairs, I kept coming back to my first peewee pair. I loved them but my right foot is bigger and it was really tight at the top of my foot. It wasn't painful, however, my left foot fit perfectly and i wanted that same feeling on my left. We went up a full size, no good, went up a half perfect for my right not for my left. I wasn't about to put down that kind of money unless I had a good fit. At this point my sister had purchased her pair, it was lunch time and the natives were restless!

It was clear these were my boots, and clear that they were not a good fit for my right foot. If only therevwere another pair of 8's, maybe they would fit better...and there was, they fit perfectly...and we all lived happily ever after!

2  Thank Kelly M

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Cowboy boots: the best footwear.
Heritage Boot: the best shop for cowboy boots shopping
Alison Twigger: the best sales person. Excellent guidance, help, advice.

A pleasure to spend money in a boutique specialist shop where customer service comes first.

Advice: avoid the bigger shops.

1  Thank LEIF J F