“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #174 of 202 Hotels in Austin
US
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Dirty. Scary. Old. Bugs in the bed. Shower didn't work. I actually stayed here during SXSW because there was no other option and they charged me $300+ per night!!!! I had to go to Walmart to purchase Clorox wipes, a blanket and a hoodie to sleep in. There was a roach in the bed. The walls and carpet were dirty. The microwave was an original from the 1970s. The people who worked there were nice and friendly but I would NEVER recommend this experience to anyone.Fortunately, I was able to cut my stay short by a couple of days and found a room elsewhere for the same price that was easily three steps above this place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nadzent1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We came to Austin as turists, expected Baymont Inn Austin South to be no different than average hotel. We were surpriced next morning when we realized that our beds were similar as the the ones in the "Waldorf Astoria" in New York, we had slept in clean and fresh smelly sheets, like in the clouds.
The reception, a girl named Tee and other ones were always so helpful all the time. The room was very clean, I am very picky with toilettes and it was very clean, so was the carpet and refrigerator. We fell in love with Austin and want to go back, Staying in this Hotel is now part of a family tradition for us.
Thank you Baymont Hotel in south Austin for making our vacation a memorable one.
The Freppons.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet, ours had a great balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
baymontlisa, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us . We aim to make our guest happy and we're looking forward to see you and your family on your next visit.
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was staying there for a 3 day workshop but I was paying for it myself. My school was not picking up the cost. So I needed to find inexpensive place to stay.
Upon check in, Tee, the desk clerk, was very friendly and informative. She said the front elevator was broken and would be fixed that day (Tuesday). The last time I checked on that elevator, Thursday afternoon, it still was not fixed.
The pool was full of sand the whole time I was there. It never got cleaned.
I never walked around my room without shoes. I just did not feel like it was clean enough to do that. When returning in the afternoons, I stayed in my room with the door locked. I did not go out. I did feel like it would be safe to return there after dark. The front desk clerk said that the back door would be locked after 10 pm. I not sure that could happend. The back door did not look like it could lock, it did not look like it would even close all the way and the lock looked broken. The air conditioner was very loud.
There were several rooms on the second floor under going repairs and the doors were left open even when no one was working in them. There did not seem to be any air conditioning in the hallway.
It was cheap, the bed was clean, it was close to where I needed to go, and there was a fridge and microwave. Not sure my husband or parents would want me to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels