Clarion Inn Austin North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsatrium areamicrowave and refrigeratorthe breakfast areanice hotelmorning breakfastcomfortable roomstate capitolwalmartlampupgrades
Reviewed 19 March 2014

If you DO NOT want to sleep go to this hotel... The rate was outrageous for the quality received. Do not forget your tip for breakfast, never seen that in another hotel. The worse hotel stay in the past 12 months!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Jean Francois R
Anas J, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

We do apologies for the inconvenience of higher rate than usual due to major events in town and the whole city was at even higher rate than ours. In regards of Breakfast, yes there is a tip box if the guest wishes to tip the cook, yet not mandatory and it is present in most of the hotels with complimentary full hot breakfast with made to order eggs, pancake and waffles

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Here is what went right:
+ Smooth check-in
+ Clean room
+ Nice housekeepers
+ Heated indoor pool
+ Cheaper rates than other hotels in Austin due to SXSW the same week.
+ Proximity to highway to get to where you want to go.

Here is what I did not care for:
- When you call the front desk from your room phone, they never answer. Never. I had to call from my cell phone to get an answer or run down to the desk. I called a few times for a variety of things, but one night, my child had a medical emergency so it was a bit frustrating.
- Sirens blaring frequently at night. Yes, the hotel is right by a highway, but it's also in a sketchy neighborhood.
- My key card had to be re-activated every day. When I did, they never asked for ID, or even what my name was. Only what room number. I believe I could have said any room number and they would have given me the key. Combine the daily key card routine with the sketchy neighborhood and the lack of phone answering, I did not feel safe there and would not stay there again.
-The window pane was broken and overall the window was very dirty, like it had not been washed in at least a year.

Room Tip: I can not offer any tips on a good room, I'm only familiar with one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, which we take serious to improve and train our staff to exceed our guests’ expectations. I do apologies for the poor experience, which will sure switch around if you give us another chance. Please contact me for your next visit to Austin

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights 4/14-15/14. Nice decor, helpful staff, clean rooms, pillow top mattress, very nice breakfast, but the workout room was lacking. The treadmill didn't work and the elliptical was rusted up and not working. weight benches was all that was available. Small indoor pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for you feedback and complements. We are in progress with several different projects and the gym room is one of them; I wonder why the treadmill didn't work as we have checked it after reading the review and it is working.
Thanks once again for your feedback and we sure are using our guests feedback to improve in order to meet and exceed our guests expectations

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We picked this hotel because of it's price & proximity to downtown. We knew it wouldn't be the best hotel but it would do the job.
The front desk people were very welcoming & helpful. We actually had to call before we arrived b/c the street the hotel is located on isn't labeled so we couldn't find where to turn.
The main area of the hotel is actually pretty nice with it's atrium's. The pool was literally GLOWING green :S Let's hope it had a green light. Let's just say it didn't look appealing at all!

The room was fine. The bathroom is kind of dark & there isn't a fan so you need to leave the door open while you shower or the mirror will stay fogged up for quite a while. The sheets did have holes in them which is never a good sign. The room did have a hairdryer & mini fridge.
We ate the breakfast the next morning and it was good/fine. Your typical Best Western breakfast, some hot & some cold food, enough to get you going before you head out.

All in all it was worth the cost & worked for our short trip to Austin.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anas J, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write your review. The water is crystal clear and the color is caused by lighting, which would be fixed. We do apologies for having a sheet with hole, which surely not acceptable and that may be over looked from our laundry personal. We are having a design review and that would sure address all other issues such as lighting in the bathroom.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Upon entering, this hotel has the look of a more expensive hotel. There are 3 separate atrium areas...one above the lobby, one above the breakfast area, and one above the pool. The heated pool is welcome in cold weather. I have stayed here twice and used the pool both times. The breakfast is not to be missed...it is cooked right before your eyes...eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. I was upgraded to a jacuzzi room....it worked great and was very relaxing after my swim. Looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your feedback and we surely looking forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Atrium North