“When in Texas ...”
Review of Corner

Corner
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 4,029 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Description: Corner is a lively dining destination that features Texas-inspired cuisine using fresh local ingredients and uniquely crafted Tequila cocktails. The menu features a selection of grilled meats and fish, a variety of local craft beers on tap, as well as several Texas wines and spirits.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is actually a JW Marriott housed offering, tailored specifically for it’s Austin Texas location. Very large, and with not one but two very spacious bars, it has a pleasant atmosphere. Our waitress was exceptionally sweet – – very patient, very thorough, and especially accommodating. The food for the most part was delicious. Being extremely picky about our guacamole, theirs was tasty just a little too much citrus and not enough cilantro/onion. A majority of our party had one of the burger varieties – – we all agreed that the burgers were fantastic. Each came cooked perfectly to order, and the combinations of tastes worked well. Big burger, lots of fries, with a $14 – $16 Price tag; a little high in my opinion but we are at the Marriott after all. The turkey club sandwich was awesome – – again, being in Texas, the turkey was smoked and absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, the baby back ribs were a little on the dry side with a very pungent rub and a tangy/ slightly spicy sauce over. To serve subpar ribs in Texas is a crime punishable by jail time—here, it just earned them the four as opposed to the five.

Jessica W, Manager at Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Elizabeth for taking the time to share your very valuable feedback with us. We are very happy that your group tried a variation of our offerings. We are sorry we fell short on the Ribs, we'll definitely share your feedback with out Chef. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff here were very friendly and accommodating. I order tacos and both times I stopped here and they were sooo good. I would definitely like to eat here again when I'm back in Austin. I'm not much of a drinker but my friends definitely enjoyed their drinks as well.

Jessica W, Manager at Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the 5 Star rating, we are happy to know you enjoyed the Tacos, we also hope to see you next time you visit Austin.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I enjoyed an exquisite meal. Great atmosphere and our compliments to the chef. Prices not too bad either. Portions were perfect and satisfying.

Jessica W, Manager at Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are flattered by your comments and are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for the great review! We hope welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was downtown for the ATX Television Festival. It was a hot sunny day and decide to spend time between events at one of my favorite bars. The reason like it is it covered, excellent drinks and food, and great staff. This bar is outside the JW Marriott but covered. There is outdoor couch seating but decided to sit at the bar. Ordered a Thirsty Goat and started to catch up on work. I did take breaks by chatting to people next to me.

This was not my first time here. The bartenders are attentive to my needs. I had a relaxing time.

Jessica W, Manager at Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for joining us and sharing your 5 Star experience! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I don't have a single complaint about this restaurant - we found the service at the bar and tables to be very good. More importantly, the food was excellent. In fact, we ate here 3 times in the 4 days we were there.

Jessica W, Manager at Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the 5 Star review! We love to hear you visited us 3 times during your stay thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Corner? Share your experiences!