“Nice place to eat”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Vellore, India
“Nice place to eat”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Place definitely to be there to get the taste of Ethiopian dishes.... Nice service and delicious food.

Visited December 2013

Hoboken, NJ
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I really enjoyed a delicious all you can eat lunch buffet at this small authentic restaurant, with friendly service

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Allison S
Austin, Texas
“Nice and Different for Austin”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have had Ethiopian food before, but never in Austin. I was excited to try Aster's, and I definitely enjoyed my meal. I went with my wife, she had a vegetarian plate and I got the national chicken dish. The seasonings were nice, the portions were a bit smaller than I've had before but were reasonably sized, and the injera (bread) was great. The nice thing about Ethiopian food is you get to sample a lot of different foods, even if you're not sharing plates.

The decor is very basic and simple. The service was decent and the staff was quite friendly.

I liked Aster's because it's very different from the other food styles and restaurants in Austin. I don't think it would stand out in NYC or D.C., but it is definitely a nice change of pace restaurant for Austin. I am definitely planning on eating here again, I would rate it as 3.5 out of 4 if Trip Advisor allowed more precise ratings.

• Visited July 2013
Austin
“Unique & pleasant experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

After driving by this place and never eating here - I finally did and I am super stoked! The potions are big, the price is super reasonable and the food is seasoned really well. The staff is quiet and doesn't go out of their way to 'wait' on you but if you ask for something they are more than happy to help. I will go back and I would recommend it to a friend!

Visited May 2013
Pflugerville, Texas
“Good but not feeling the buffet for Ethiopian food”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I love going to Aster's but unfortunately my sister and i were disappointed by the buffet and lack of service which was unusual at Aster's to us, the injera was hard, and probably was not a good idea to have it sitting out since it spoils easily and it took a long time for us to get drinks and we had to get our own utensils and straws.

• Visited March 2013