“Spicy, tangy, aromatic and filling food!”
Review of Aster's Ethiopian

Aster's Ethiopian
Ranked #408 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This restaurant believe in having small menu, but very well prepared dishes.
As on enters the restaurant, one's appetite immediately kicks I by the very earthy smell of spices and slow cooked food. We order the dish which had Ethiopian bread covered with chicken gravy and well cooked chicken. One could differentiate each of the spice and savour the taste of met cook on slow fire.

Awesome experience.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Place definitely to be there to get the taste of Ethiopian dishes.... Nice service and delicious food.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I really enjoyed a delicious all you can eat lunch buffet at this small authentic restaurant, with friendly service

1  Thank Allison S
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have had Ethiopian food before, but never in Austin. I was excited to try Aster's, and I definitely enjoyed my meal. I went with my wife, she had a vegetarian plate and I got the national chicken dish. The seasonings were nice, the portions were a bit smaller than I've had before but were reasonably sized, and the injera (bread) was great. The nice thing about Ethiopian food is you get to sample a lot of different foods, even if you're not sharing plates.

The decor is very basic and simple. The service was decent and the staff was quite friendly.

I liked Aster's because it's very different from the other food styles and restaurants in Austin. I don't think it would stand out in NYC or D.C., but it is definitely a nice change of pace restaurant for Austin. I am definitely planning on eating here again, I would rate it as 3.5 out of 4 if Trip Advisor allowed more precise ratings.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

After driving by this place and never eating here - I finally did and I am super stoked! The potions are big, the price is super reasonable and the food is seasoned really well. The staff is quiet and doesn't go out of their way to 'wait' on you but if you ask for something they are more than happy to help. I will go back and I would recommend it to a friend!

Been to Aster's Ethiopian? Share your experiences!