Hotel Ella
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$158
  • Breakfast included
US$224
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
US$289
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
Omni Hotels
W Austin(Austin)
US$321
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmain buildingbeautiful boutique hotelhighly recommend hotelwrap around porchclothes rackcomplimentary car servicepoolside roomwithin a mile radiusut campussmall hotelvalet guysa lovely staywedding partyvalet parkingevery staff memberhappy hourrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We live in Austin but decided to stay at the hotel for a family wedding reception. Booked 2 rooms, a classic and garden terrace with pool/outdoor access. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable but not having a closet or any hooks to hang towels, robes or clothing on made it a little difficult. There is a rod in an armoire in the room I stayed in but if your dress is of any length it won't hang properly. I will say we enjoyed our stay but I definitely wouldn't pay what we did for the garden terrace room again. Wasn't even close to worth the cost which was double the king classic room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank srh615
Manager_Ella, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear srh615:

Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are glad to hear that you found the rooms to be comfortable. We understand your feelings on our classic hotel rooms. We am excited to report that we are undergoing a room renovation this summer that is already in progress. We are remodeling the bathrooms and upgrading the furniture in all our classic rooms. We invite you to visit us again this year and see the new improvements first hand!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the part that I think they call the mansion. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was great. The staff was very friendly and efficient.

My favorite part about the hotel was that there seemed to be a peaceful presence once you walked through the front doors. Even in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Austin, it was like I was on a retreat or a getaway.

The only reason I didn't give Hotel Ella the highest rating possible is due to the restaurant. Don't get me wrong...the food was INCREDIBLE. However, the amount of time it took from sitting down at a table to being brought a menu to being asked what you would like to order was a bit too long for me. But again...the food was pretty dang incredible, so I guess it was worth the wait.

I would definitely stay at Hotel Ella in the future. It is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at in Austin, and it is in an incredible location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Doug C

Dear Doug C:

Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are pleased to hear that you found the room to be very clean, the bed very comfortable, the bathroom great, and the staff very friendly and efficient. We are glad that you enjoyed the food at Goodall's Kitchen & Bar, and we apologize for the service was delayed. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Ella soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the main hotel. The old architecture of the building gives the feeling of staying in a family home rather than a hotel. The staff was attentive and helpful. The food was excellent. I will stay here on future trips to Austin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manager_Ella, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Nancy B:

Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are glad that the old architecture of the building made you feel homey and that the staff was attentive and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back on future trips to Austin!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel Ella is a quiet, luxurious surprise tucked near downtown Austin. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The 3 mile radius for transportation provided great coverage of the main things we wanted to see. I would highly recommend Hotel Ella for someone who doesn't want a cookie cutter room in a chain hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Terri P:

Thank you for your high recommendation of Hotel Ella. We are pleased that you found the staff to be very attentive and helpful. We are also glad that you used our complimentary transportation and that it provided great coverage of the main things you wanted to see. We look forward to your next stay at Ella!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent the week at the Four Seasons along with the rest of our guests, but for the night of our wedding, we left the reception for Hotel Ella. My now-husband gave them his credit card and asked that they make it really special - and we were disappointed when we arrived, as all they had done was send a miniature bottle of champagne to the room. Fine, we thought, it's ok!
All I wanted to do was take a bath or shower after such a long wedding day of festivities... but that proved to be impossible, because for some reason there was NO HOT WATER. I was beyond upset; my husband called the front desk to complain, at about 1AM an attendant came to our room to see if we wanted to go to another floor to a vacant room to take showers there? It was not handled very well, to say the least - we decided to stick it out and just get back to the Four Seasons as soon as possible the next morning.
While the manager did give us a discount on the room for suffering through the no-hot-water mishap, we were awakened very early with loud noises - from stomping footsteps, clattering dishes, people talking, shuffling of furniture? - there must have been an early breakfast event or something...
The manager said they'd "be in touch" with my husband to have us back the next time we were in Austin to hopefully have a better experience, but we never heard from them...
We loved the idea of the place, and the old Mansion at Judge's Hill had a special place in my heart, but I can't say we could recommend this place given our issues.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank 0208nbb

Dear 0208nbb:

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your February experience. I am deeply sorry to hear about all the issues you encountered. I assure you we provide better service than what you experienced. I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly and apologize personally. Please contact me at luca@hotelella.com at your earliest convenience.

Luca Reck