“Serenity” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 37 Austin B&B and Inns
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Serenity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at this B & B. The hospitality was very good. Jessica, the hostess, helped us get familiar with the area since this was our first trip to Austin. Many places we visited were within walking distance. We were served complimentary wine in the evening and breakfast in the morning. I have never slept so well in a hotel. The hotel was quiet and offered a serene setting. We enjoyed the vintage interiors and lovely outdoor setting.

Room Tip: Search online for the room of your preference
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Top notch. Polite staff, very comfortable room, modern, clean, well maintained. I say modern because although the building is very old, the wi-fi is great, everything works, and the bathroom feels totally up to date even though it's 'vintage.' I even have a freshly cut rose in my bathroom. I would definitely stay here again, and could highly recommend the "Gothic" room. Spacious and private, I don't feel like I'm close to anyone, nor can I hear anyone - not typical in many bed and breakfasts.

Room Tip: Gothic Room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wifimaniac
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. It was perfectly located for my business trip. I'm only sorry I didn't write the review sooner because I can't remember the man's name who was so helpful while I was there. So sorry!! The bed was very comfortable. The atmosphere was just so relaxing for this weary business traveler. I'll be going back to Austin in August and can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the French Room. Very comfortable!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Our experience at this bed and breakfast was amazing! Definitely a place I will recommend to any looking for a place to stay in Austin!

We stayed in the Gothic Suite and it was the perfect room for us! The bed was so comfortable, the TV's built in DVD player made for great movie watching at night (the Inn has an awesome variety of DVDs available to watch, we chose "What About Bob" :D ), and the balcony was the perfect place to sit outside and enjoy the lights in the courtyard at night. The sun room with the day bed attached to our bedroom was also great! The room truly had a old-timey Victorian Gothic/Castle theme (enter suit of armor!)! Such a great room!

Every room in the house was decorated differently, but they all still seemed to flow into one another, keeping the vibe interesting and comfortable at the same time. It definitely feels like you're at home when you're there. The breakfast dining area was open all day, which was great to catch a quick snack throughout the day, especially if the delicious complimentary cookies were all gone (but they were restocked quickly!). The living area downstairs is perfect for reading a book or getting work done!

The outside of the Inn is where we spent most of our time! The seating outdoors is awesome and perfect for lounging and enjoying the night air! The hammock, with room for two, was a great place to lay and enjoy the sound of the fountains found throughout the space as well as the countless Christmas lights that illuminate the yard. The front yard porch swing was also a highlight!

While the Inn is found directly off of Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, a rather busy street in Austin, there is hardly, if any, noise from the traffic. The location of the Inn itself is great! It's located right up the road from The University of Texas, minutes from downtown, and right up the hill from Pease Park. There is plenty to keep you entertained if you choose to wander from the Inn for a bit!

The service was amazing as well! The folks in the main office will do everything in their power to make your stay a memorable one! They are courteous, polite and ultimately there to answer all questions you have! You will have no problems getting everything sorted out with the amazing people handling your reservations, and if for some reason you do, they will solve it as soon as possible and you will be very pleased, I'm sure! The staff that worked within the house was great too! One woman in particular that spent a great deal of time replenishing water stations, cleaning and working in the kitchen was such a joy to be around! She had a great way of being welcoming and keeping all refreshment stations full and fresh. We never had to request anything, as it was all already done for us!

The ambiance of the Inn, the services provided and the folks that get you situated and make you feel at home are all amazing! I can't wait to stay there again and highly recommend this bed and breakfast as a place to stay!

Room Tip: The website has pictures of all of the rooms available, but honestly, you can't go wrong. E-mail...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Mackinaw City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a memorable weekend at the Inn At Pearl Street !! Our room was beautiful (the French Room) and I actually felt like I was in Paris while I soaked in the antique clawed tub and sipped my champagne!! How special is that!!! Sitting on the lovely deck with the ancient Pecan trees all around us and having our morning coffee was also special !!
The owner and her staff were so helpful in suggestions to inhance our visit..Again so special...We will return to this special and charming place!!

Room Tip: Loved the French Room but all the rooms I peeked in had their special charm..Some had private decks...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dollyatmackinaw
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I can not express how much I love this little in. They were so accommodating with arriving walker than expected. The owner and her helper Jessica were so wonderful! They care about the guests that are staying with them. We stayed in the Oxford room which was so comfortable and nice, we felt right at home. The bed was super comfortable and we were so happy to sleep there on the noghts we stayed. We also had our own private deck and bathroom with was wonderful in itself. I know when we go back to Austin we will be staying here again. It is very covenetly located near downtown and Judges Hill.

I can not stop recommending it to everyone who asks about out trip.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Thanks for a lovely , warm and hospitable place to stay in Austin. Very conveniently located and easy to find. The decor is exquisite and well planned. The lobby and common areas have a warm feeling with decorations well selected. The art thorughout the spacious lobby and large rooms is romantic and make you feel at home. the owner personally greeted me and handed me a glass of wine upon my arrival before guiding me throught the lobby and different amenities. Parking is sufficient and service is superior. I highly recomend this place to others.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sgangel
Jill B, Guest Relations Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
So good to hear from you and to know that your stay was comfortable and relaxing! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review. We appreciate you as our guest and hope to see you at our doors in the near future again. Best wishes your Austin's Inn at Pearl Street Staff