“There's no place like home... You HAVE to stay here!!!”

Austin's Inn at Pearl Street
Ranked #8 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Inglewood, California
“There's no place like home... You HAVE to stay here!!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the very first inquiry email and phone call, to check out and the "oh no, we left something behind - what now?" Austin's Inn at Pearl Street nailed it! I never stay at hotels anymore. Anytime I travel I always look for unique B & B's or Vacation Rentals. Anyone can stay at a hotel. I'm not interested in what anyone else does. It took me a sec to find this place online but when I did it just so happens the Gothic Suite was the only Suite available for my stay the week before Halloween. "I myself am, strange and unusual". It was meant to be. The Inn was exactly like the gorgeous pictures the have online, maybe even better. We called it our castle. From the leopard print rugs, to waking up to the smell of coffee brewing, to the jacuzzi tub and the coolest furnishings I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, this place is my home in Austin. We are already planning to return in April. This place had me written all over it. This was also my 14 year old daughter's first time flying anywhere outside of Cali and she was in heaven. Even my dad who is old fashioned and stuck in his "we should save money and stay in a dumpy motel" was like "wow". That and I think he had a crush on Maria, the sweetest and most helpful staff ever. They spoke spanish together and my dad was smitten (ahahahaha he's gonna be pissed I announced this online). Oh well! Maria you were fabulous! Thank you for helping us with each request and making this trip even more memorable. Jessica was incredible. Super star A+, give that girl a raise. AND we could hear the construction from time to time across the street but when the windows were closed not so much. It didn't disturb us at all. The music playing softly on the patio in the evening was like something out of a movie. We felt spoiled, pampered and truly on a relaxing vacation. What a gorgeous spot for a wedding! As soon as my brother pops the question to his gorgeous girlfriend I am hitting this place up fo' sho! The breakfast was so filling and healthy I made fun of my dad as he loved it and always makes fun of people that eat healthy.. again old fashioned meat and potatoes only. He says only aliens eat tofu... Thank you Inn at Pearl Street for getting him to eat Granola, Fruit and Yogurt!!!! That in itself is a miracle. And just if that isn't enough, my daughter received a stuffed animal gift from my family and left it behind in the blankets when we rushed out to catch a flight back to L.A. She cried when she found out she left it behind. Not only did Jessica help us out, but my brother was able to come back without any problems and pick up this gift she can not live without (teenagers). Thank you does not cover it. We will be back in April Jessica and as soon as my family gets engaged we WILL be planning their wedding there. I am a professional wedding planner in LA and can say this is our dream venue. Can't wait to be home at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. There is no place like home...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jill B, General Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Tiffani,

We are overwhelmed by such a thoughtful review! We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write it. The pleasure was all ours having you and your wonderful family stay at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that you all enjoyed our city and our boutique hotel. Families such as yours makes our business so much easier and fun!! We were happy to reunite your daughter with her favorite "friend" and we hope to see you all here in the future at The Pearl.

Please let us know how we can help with your family's celebration of love, We would enjoy being a part of this exciting and joyous time!

Happy holidays and warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We felt immediately at home at the Pearl Inn where we could freely enjoy not only our beautiful and interesting room but also various sitting rooms and secluded outdoor areas.
The location between downtown and the university district is convenient. Our hosts were helpful and their recommendations for dining and entertainment lived up to our expectations. Looking forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Gardens are a delight to relax in.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Thanks for the awesome experience!!! Loved it here!!!

It was a great collection of antiques and theme rooms. Quiet get away to rest but close enought to the fun and restaurants in Austin. Enjoyed the stay and will definitely be back.

Thanks again

Joyce M
San Antonio, TX

Room Tip: inn has theme rooms so it would depend on what your preference is.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. Great location, close to the best restaurants and the famous congress bridge! We had breakfast served in our room, the food was amazing and the set up was gorgeous! The rooms were beautifully decorated and the landscaping breathtaking. Just the peaceful get away we needed.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Pearl Street over a year ago..and loved it. This past weekend was even better. I feel like I am home. The rooms, and beds especially, are fantastic!! The few times I go to a small hotel or B&B, I do not like being suffocated. I love the relaxed feel of the Inn at Pearl Street, It's centrally located; the off-street parking is free; the rooms are clean; the staff is friendly. I don't know what else to ask for. I received complimentary wine upon arrival...andmy stay was so relaxing. I will be back !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WorldTraveler55711
Willis, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our second stay at the Inn at Pearl Street. Overall, the stay was excellent. The location is awesome and the grounds are very lovely and relaxing. We stayed in the Far East room which was very nice. WE enjoyed the private balcony and the king sized bed. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The Inn is a real jewel that offers serenity despite the busy city and activities surrounding it.

Room Tip: Both the Oxford and Far East rooms have private balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank friofrio
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at this B & B. The hospitality was very good. Jessica, the hostess, helped us get familiar with the area since this was our first trip to Austin. Many places we visited were within walking distance. We were served complimentary wine in the evening and breakfast in the morning. I have never slept so well in a hotel. The hotel was quiet and offered a serene setting. We enjoyed the vintage interiors and lovely outdoor setting.

Room Tip: Search online for the room of your preference
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple