Austin's Inn at Pearl Street
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$316
  • Breakfast included
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$157
US$750
US$666
  • Pool
All reviewseast roomgothic suitefrench roombed and breakfastvictoria housepecan treesbombay roomday bedother gueststhe main houseprivate balconymodern conveniencesromantic weekendsecond homesmall hoteluniversity of texas campusboutique hotel
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay!! Would Definitely come again. Great location and service. Room was cute and comfortable, breakfast was great and within walking distance to great bars and restaurants downtown. Really cool layout and Victorian .architecture

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jill B, General Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Blake,

We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to write a review about your recent experience at Austin’s Inn at Pearl Street. We are so pleased to hear that you had a good time in Austin and enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient to your fun activities and that our service, room, and breakfast met your expectations.
Thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon!

JB

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I honeymooned here in 2005 and loved our stay.

We've been back several times since then to try the differently themed rooms.

The Inn has a quiet, romantic atmosphere complete with 'ruins' and fountains surrounded by large, ancient trees. Our rooms are always impeccably clean, and the breakfast has a wide variety of food.

This is definitely no cold, unfeeling hotel. It has all the atmosphere you expect from a bed and breakfast, all in one of the most conveniently placed neighborhoods in downtown Austin.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Eremitt
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I loved this quirky, beautiful place to stay. It's a great location in Austin and the good folks here have created a welcoming environment. Nice breakfast and my bed was perfect--best night of sleep I've had in a good while.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jill B, Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Ben,
We greatly appreciate you taking time to write a review on your recent stay at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our location, staff, breakfast, and quality of sleep met your expectations. Thank you for your time and we hope to see soon!
JB

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ended up finding this hotel in a bit of an emergency upon arriving in Austin on business. Spooky and weird are two of the best terms I can use to describe this place. But let me be more specific. The owner of the hotel clearly is "not that into" having guests and she displays this upon arrival--she's just a little too busy to really concern herself with guests and this attitude is pervasive. But the spooky part of the place is they give you a key and lead you to your room and that's kind of it. If you go out at night and come back, you'll use your key that they give you for the front door (they don't tell you that you should jiggle it a certain way so you find yourself in the dark trying to get into a house where most of the lights are off and it's all kind of unwelcoming.) Yes there are cookies at reception but I imagine they are the same cookies that were baked the day the owner opened this inn. If you're dreaming of a nice hot Texas breakfast (or even information on where to get one near by) get over yourself because there is an empty room with some danish on a plate that may have been there since they opened. Now for the room--I think if you are going to open an inn, clean white sheets are probably the most welcoming--leopard sheets that are a bit rough around the edges scream dirty bordello and that's just what was on my bed. Same goes for the extremely well used purple-at-one point towels. Yuck. White would be best...I'm sure they were probably clean (I hope) but the whole thing just didn't feel very clean. And the place was deserted save for a lovely young woman who worked there trying her best to compensate for the owner's total apathy towards her guests and clearly her business. Jessica, you are a consummate professional and we thank you for your diligence but it does not compensate for what I would describe as a terrible experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Tastef
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Wow. I am so glad to have found The Inn at Pearl Street. Everyone was telling me what a great place Austin, Texas is; unique and interesting and welcoming. Now I know what they are talking about – this place measures up to all the enthusiasm and excitement that was expressed to me about this great city. This Inn is truly and uniquely interesting and beautiful: distinctive and striking, well appointed rooms; a sprawling central deck canopied by soaring oak trees; inviting public spaces all around and a warm and welcoming staff. This place embodies what all my friends tell me about Austin, Texas – I will certainly send them here. If you are going to Austin don’t miss this place – or maybe just go to Austin to visit this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business