My husband and I hosted our daughters wedding at the Inn last December. I made all arrangements over the phone as we are from Illinois and they seemed like wonderful people. That is until we got there. We booked 8 rooms and there were other guests there besides the wedding party. I must say the rooms were lovely and well decorated to suit the age of the two homes although they were rather small. I think you have to expect that in Victorian home. However, had we realized how small the rooms were we would have booked more. We were assured that there was plenty of room to set up a cot for our grand daughter. There was not, she ended up on a pallet on the floor with out sheets or blanket even after we requested them twice. Breakfast was a disaster. The owner tried to cook for about 25 people by herself. We ended up with cold half cooked food and no place to sit. Other guests of the Inn were angry because the wedding party took up most of the space. The wedding reception was a disaster. I paid to have a hostess to assist with the food, cake etc. but she was no where in sight most of the evening. She was also very rude to many of the guest. No one from the wedding party will ever stay at this Inn again because of the way they were treated. Then on top of all this she refused to refund our refundable deposit. This is only a small sampling of the problems we had. See review from my daughter the bride dated March 1, 2006.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Uptown Cultural District in the downtown historic neighborhood on Judge's Hill lays a uniquely vintage boutique hotel and event venue that provides affordable luxury accommodations for relaxing getaways. The Pearl is a whimsical, romantic oasis for weddings, special events, and celebrations.The Pearl features in-house licensed massage therapists and several romantic packages including limousine service, a romantic carriage ride, fresh flowers, strawberries and chocolate, warm breakfast in bed, and twilight dinners. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, parking and WiFi connection throughout the property at this self-service hotel. Staying here is more like staying at home, but having everything already taken care of for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Austin's Inn at Pearl Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austin`s Inn At Pearl Street Hotel Austin
- Austin's Inn At Pearl Street Texas