“Horrible, rude owner”

Ranked #8 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Denver, CO
“Horrible, rude owner”
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The inn was very beautiful, but the owner/manager was horribly rude. She ruined our stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cosmo12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2009

It really is a hidden gem in the middle of all the best that Austin has to offer: UT, 6th Street, ACL, Erwin Center, etc... From the street you really can't appreciate it but once you drive into the property your eyes become filled with visual delite in seeing the storybook character of this B&B. Check-in with Jill, the owner, was a breeze. She lives onsite which is a plus should you need something or have a question. She is extremely gracious and very accomodating. This turned out to be a fantastic gettaway for my wife and I. We were going to visit our kids and attend the UT vs Texas Tech game. We soon discovered everything was sold out so we thought how about trying a B&B and after some research chose the Inn. The rooms are named instead of numbered and they are decorated according to their name. Ours was the Safari which lived up to it's name with matching decor. It had a large bathroom with shower and an outside covered balcony with a view of the UT Tower which was lit up in burnt orange after the Tech game. Go Horns! The queen sized bed was more comfortable than our own bed at home which says a lot. We stayed two nights and slept in both mornings without being woken up by noisy neighbors or road noise like some of the other B&B reviewers complained about. Breakfast was definitely adequate and not hurried. At night the grounds are a glo with lights wrapped around the trees and drapped overhead which really sets the mood to relax on the patio with a glass of wine or two which the Inn provided for happy hour. Just another nice touch. We really had no complaints and will be sure and stay here again the next time we come to Austin and need to spend the night for a game, concert or for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasLonghornmom
Mackinaw City
Reviewed 27 August 2009

My Husband and recently attended a wedding at the Inn at Pearl Street and I just have to comment on how beautiful and wonderful it was!!! The wedding took place on this beautiful deck situated between the two charming homes and under these huge and old Pecan trees which shaded us and provided a wonderful breeze throughout the wedding.. The food was yummy and, according to the bride, was catered by the owner and Staff at the Inn.....I was so impressed that I asked the owner to give us a tour of the Inn and the rooms are so charming with private baths and flat screen TVs... We plan to come back and spend a week at this magnificent Inn....R.D.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Great experience, everything explained ahead of time. If you love antiques and every theme of a room you can imagine along with a great staff and extreamly close proximaty
to UT, Museums, I- Max and fabulous restaurants.
This is the place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Canyon Lake
Reviewed 31 July 2009

My best friend and I had her birthday here for 3 wonderful days. Beautiful grounds and rooms. Great innkeeper and staff met our every need. Very close to downtown in a beautiful neighborhood. A MUST stay if you are in Austin for business or pleasure. We have traveled and stayed in many places when we have our "girl time...get away" and this was awesome. Cindy and Cindy from Houston and Canyon Lake!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My Partner and I loved this place, we had the Gothic Suite which was great. I would highly recomend this place. I'm blown away by the bad reviews, I thought that hte Owner Jill was great. I guess some people need a lot of attention.

My partner and I loved it and will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I made a reservation through BedandBreakfast.com for 2 nights at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. I chose the hotel for it's proximity to the downtown Hilton where our friend's wedding reception was being held. Several minutes later an employee from Austin's Inn called to let me know that they would not honor the reservation. As a consolation prize she offered me another room at DOUBLE the price for the first night of my reservation and TRIPLE the price for Saturday night.
When I balked at the sudden price change she gave me a very condescending explaination; "We are a five star hotel, we don't rent rooms for $50 a night. You should look at Motel 6 or Super 8." To that employee I have to say, you should honor your reservations, because you ARE a five star establishment. We ended up staying 15 miles out of town, but at an establishment with a KIND and COURTEOUS staff.
I have traveled on six continents and my experience with the employee at Austin's Inn was about the worst I've had anywhere.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple