My husband and I have stayed here several times, and had recommended it to many people. We have been very disappointed recently. We stayed for about 5 nights in December for our anniversary. Construction was constantly underway on the roof, and we suffered through hammering every day of our vacation. We were offered the first day the chance to move, but because the construction was then promised to last only one more day, we stayed in our room. This was a large mistake, as the construction lasted our entire stay. However, we looked past this and had a good time.
I then tried to arrange to host my husband's party at the inn in April. The innkeeper asked me to commit to a date and get all the rooms booked up before she would give me a price. I committed to a date in writing, and gave her 8 families that would stay there of the dozens of folks who planned on coming. She asked for a nonrefundable deposit, and I asked in turn for a proposal so that I could make sure the price was within our budget, and that I would send a deposit shortly after that. I never received a budget through the next week. Instead, a week later, I received a call that she had given our date to another couple who wanted to move their wedding from another date. With no apology, she asked me to pick another date for my husband's 30th birthday party. This was very embarassing to us, as we had e-mailed about 75 people with the date and place of the party, as well as encouraging the overflow to book their hotels. I felt it was very unprofessional to book another group knowing that all we were waiting on was a proposal with an actual price from her, and knowing that we had family who had already committed to filling up the hotel, especially since it was she who asked us to commit our family and friends to a date.
We had previously had very good experiences, but I can't return to an inn that has so little respect for those who try to give repeat business. We found a place elsewhere for our party and our guests that is much nicer and for less money, so I guess I should thank them. This is a really beautiful place, but I would just urge people to use caution with this inn. I think this is a problem perhaps with experience or professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Uptown Cultural District in the downtown historic neighborhood on Judge's Hill lays a uniquely vintage boutique hotel and event venue that provides affordable luxury accommodations for relaxing getaways. The Pearl is a whimsical, romantic oasis for weddings, special events, and celebrations.The Pearl features in-house licensed massage therapists and several romantic packages including limousine service, a romantic carriage ride, fresh flowers, strawberries and chocolate, warm breakfast in bed, and twilight dinners. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, parking and WiFi connection throughout the property at this self-service hotel. Staying here is more like staying at home, but having everything already taken care of for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Austin's Inn at Pearl Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austin`s Inn At Pearl Street Hotel Austin
- Austin's Inn At Pearl Street Texas