“a wonderful memory”

Ranked #7 of 36 Austin B&B and Inns
Marble Falls, Texas
“a wonderful memory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

My stay at The Pearl was outstanding in every way. No detail was overlooked, from the gorgeous linens, to the beautiful decor, everything was wonderful. It was an unforgettable experience. The attention to detail was beyond reproach. I was able to spend a wonderful weekend with friends and cannot wait to take my husband on a visit to the Pearl! Austin’s Inn at Pearl Street is a must for anyone visiting Austin, TX and wishing for the perfect location and elegant comfort.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

The Inn was everything we hoped for. Nicely decorated room in a Vintage home. The decor and garden area was very charming and welcoming. We are looking forward to an opportunity to return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

Our stay was very relaxed and comfortable. The B&B was very welcoming and nicely, if ecclecticly decorated. The owner was very attentive to her guests. There were bowls of sweets and fresh slices of cake around for an occasional snack. We wish that we had known about this place before. It sure beats a sterile motel room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

I was looking for a B&B that was nice but not too expensive and close to all the fun in Austin, TX and I found the Inn at Pearl Street. It wasn't hard to find at all, and it was just a quick drive from 6th street.

The overall ambience was very quiet. We stayed in the Gothic suite and the lady was very accomadating with wine glasses, cork screw, and ice bucket. The room was very clean and bearutiful. The breakfast was very basic and not that great, bagels, ceral, typical continental breakfast type stuff.

My only complaint would be the place was almost too quiet, and almost felt as if you were too loud in your room you could be herad easily from the hall. But I assume most bed and breakfast's are like this.

Would return for the nice rooms!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

My trip to Austin was better than I could have imagined. I was looking for a place close to downtown, with my own bathroom and very charming. This was exactly what I found. I felt like I was in a very small, romantic hotel, but enjoyed my time even more because the place was so adorable and comfortable. I never knew a place like this could exist in the middle of such a city, but it does, and it really made our trip special. I loved the staff, I loved the beds and I loved the location. We can't wait to come back here, it was worth every penny. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

My husband and I have stayed here several times, and had recommended it to many people. We have been very disappointed recently. We stayed for about 5 nights in December for our anniversary. Construction was constantly underway on the roof, and we suffered through hammering every day of our vacation. We were offered the first day the chance to move, but because the construction was then promised to last only one more day, we stayed in our room. This was a large mistake, as the construction lasted our entire stay. However, we looked past this and had a good time.

I then tried to arrange to host my husband's party at the inn in April. The innkeeper asked me to commit to a date and get all the rooms booked up before she would give me a price. I committed to a date in writing, and gave her 8 families that would stay there of the dozens of folks who planned on coming. She asked for a nonrefundable deposit, and I asked in turn for a proposal so that I could make sure the price was within our budget, and that I would send a deposit shortly after that. I never received a budget through the next week. Instead, a week later, I received a call that she had given our date to another couple who wanted to move their wedding from another date. With no apology, she asked me to pick another date for my husband's 30th birthday party. This was very embarassing to us, as we had e-mailed about 75 people with the date and place of the party, as well as encouraging the overflow to book their hotels. I felt it was very unprofessional to book another group knowing that all we were waiting on was a proposal with an actual price from her, and knowing that we had family who had already committed to filling up the hotel, especially since it was she who asked us to commit our family and friends to a date.

We had previously had very good experiences, but I can't return to an inn that has so little respect for those who try to give repeat business. We found a place elsewhere for our party and our guests that is much nicer and for less money, so I guess I should thank them. This is a really beautiful place, but I would just urge people to use caution with this inn. I think this is a problem perhaps with experience or professionalism.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jentexas96
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

The inn was very beautiful, but the owner/manager was horribly rude. She ruined our stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple