“Unimpressed ...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our hotel desk clerk recommend this place over others that I had inquired about. So, we were hopeful. We were disappointed. The food wasn't bad, but it was very mediocre. I have had, and made for that matter, better breakfast tacos (food). my boyfriend will eat bland food, but did not finish his breakfast platter w/ Chorizo. my Tacos were just okay. The best flavor was the real cheese. I was shocked when I requested a side of Verde (green sauce) that the Waitress said they did not have anything like that. Hmm! Weird in a city that is known for using green chilies, but ok! Had her bring at what ever type of salsa they did have, which was not good. Smelled like a can of Stewed tomatoes. Never tried it. The coffee was good considering the glass of water tasted like it came out of a garden hose! Had much better at other eateries in Austin. I was left with this thought when We left... " if I can get better taco @ the Bana, then this Will not be a repeat place to visit!"

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I remember several years ago at the old location waiting in line for almost an hour to get a table. Now that they are in their "new" location there is plenty of room, no waiting for a table. The food is great! The chicken enchiladas with green sauce are excellent. Real pulled chicken inside! The chips and salsa are complimentary. The salsa is homemade, very good! Service is great, quick to refill your glass and the manager checks on every guest even the ones at the bar. If you want great Mexican food, this is the place!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We usually go to Amaya's Taco Village at least twice a month, usually for breakfast.
The breakfast tacos are a tasty bargain AND the corn tortillas are made at the restaurant. The coffee is good and the service is always friendly and efficient. We do occasionally go their for lunch.If you are a carnivore with a big appetite the rib plate is for you!

2  Thank joannreyes
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Since Amaya's moved to it's current location they have really upped their game! Fantastic salsa....at times it can be HOT. Wish they would put it in bigger bowls but oh well.

I love the breakfast tacos along with their fried tacos....beef is best! Margaritas are a tad pricey, but they are very good and they have a ton of flavors.

Tons of TV's to watch the Longhorns!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Simply put, these are the best tacos I have ever had. Think "crunch-chewy". The place is very casual and family friendly.

Been to Amaya's Taco Village? Share your experiences!