“A Step Up from the Austin Bar Scene”
Review of Imperia - CLOSED

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th
Description: Home to Sushi Chef Tatsu Aikawa from Japan along with Chef George Thomas of Maiko in Austin. Imperia is a combination of upscale dining along with vigorous socializing. Imperia provides the most elegant of surroundings and the highest level of indulgent service, while still demonstrating quintessential southern hospitality and charm. Located in the heart of the Warehouse District, the menu is an eclectic blend of traditional Asian favorites, new and innovated Sushi, and locally inspired creations.
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We went to Imperia on Friday night during the F1 race Fan Fest, so we saw the restaurant performing under stress. The restaurants in the area were absolutely slammed by the huge crowds. So it was maybe not the fairest time to make the best assessment. Having been turned away from others with, "We'll call you in 2 hours," Imperia offered a respite from the craziness.

We opted for the sushi bar. The ambiance of the place is decidely upscale. The prices matched. Two very average sushi and sashimi assortment plates, and 3 Saporos came to over $110 with tip. The sushi/sashimi combos did not come with wasabi or sliced ginger, unless you asked for them.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Etmosphier & interior of this location is very nice. Service is great & the manager is very friendly. We went here twice & this is what I have to say about this location. I am Asian myself so I do enjoy trying all diffierent kind of oriental dishes. What they serve here is (personally) over priced. If you are out of town & want to try something nice & don't care about $$$, I would recommend this place.
Following dishes are what we ordered.
1. Calamari-Too much batter & all the calamari were stick together. BJ restaurant has far batter calamari.
2. Seaweed salad-It was just sweaweed... nothing special
3. Peking duck for two ($23.95 per person) - Just not worth $47.90 for this peking duck. The meat was way too dry
4. Fatty Salmon (Sake Toro) - It is worth money. Very sweet & buttery.
5. Fatty Tuna (Bluefin O-toro) - It is good but I would still order Fatty Salmon
6. Fried rice (I don't see on their PDF menu but call something 10 treasure)- It is worth your money. Portion isn't good but it has a very nice smokey flavor. So far best fried rice I had in Austin (

Reviewed 9 February 2012

First time went there for Valentine's day. It is great. Awesome ambience. My husband and I, we both are vegetarians. There was just one veggie sushi roll on the menu. When we mentioned to our server that we are vegetarian, he went to the kitchen to check with the chef. The chef decided to make us some surprise Veggie Rolls. IT WAS DELICIOUS. The service was great. The Food was awesome. Great Wine selection.

I have been there mutiple times since then, and have loved it everytime. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Last week I had the pleasure of dining at Imperia with my wife and a merry group of friends. Imperia is in a convenient location close to 4th & Colorado in downtown Austin. The decor of this restaurant is outstanding, I felt like I was eating at a nice restaurant that could be in any major Asian city. It is a very pretty restaurant. The food was good, definitely try the Dragon rib. Our group really loved the warm honey sake and also the warm lychee sake.

5  Thank Traveller20203
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Went to happy hour here with a couple of friends yesterday. This place has a great atmosphere and fresh tasty food! The menu is not typical, but creative and unique. Great hh deals on drinks and food - the seabass skewers are a must-have! Also try the Imperia House edamame, miso soup, 4138, and red devil roll. I wish I had a bigger stomach!! The staff is friendly and on the ball! No waiting for refilling of the sake and beers.