“Only stay if you enjoy cockroaches” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Austin North

Red Roof Inn Austin North
Ranked #153 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Only stay if you enjoy cockroaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was by far the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. I travel a lot but have never experienced something this gross in a hotel. It's in a very unsafe area just behind the hotel. There were COCKROACHES crawling around in the bathroom. The toilet was used and not cleaned. There are no amenities like an iron or hair dryer. The non-smoking room smelled so much like smoke after just three minutes that all of my clothes smelled of smoke. The carpet was coming off the floor, the furnace was damaged and coming off the wall, and the service at the front desk was terrible. I cannot stress enough to not stay at this hotel. I had to leave after about 5 minutes because I could not imagine sleeping there, in what I can only imagine was unclean sheets with probable bed bugs. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. And definitely don't stay on the first floor for safety concerns.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank K T
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. In regards to the incident you mentioned about our hotel, I would like to assure you this is an issue we take very seriously. I have diligently followed a detailed procedure designed to maximize the prevention of this and of all similar incidents. Once I was notified of your concerns, I immediately reacted by placing the room out of service so it could be inspected and preventative measures have been taken. I appreciate you reviewing your stay and hope you will give our hotel another chance should you happen to be in the area. If you ever have further questions, you can contact me directly at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

This place was nice and clean. Check in was fast and easy. Night manager was super nice.

• Stayed January 2012
Houston, TX, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I definitely was concerned about the neighborhood we drove through that was behind the hotel. They did have a high fence, and is my understanding they had security at night. It was a very affordable place, and we had things that we needed (fridge, internet, etc.) that other hotels make you pay extra for. Our room was clean and didn't have bug issues, although it was a little outdated. The one staff member we dealt with was very nice and the cleaning staff dropped by at a reasonable hour (not 7am like other places we have stayed.) Easy access to 35 of course, although be prepared to deal with the traffic. All in all, definitely a lot better than other cheap hotels we have stayed at, but not the most updated Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IAmTheWalrus909
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you very much for your review. Here at Red Roof Inn Austin North, we pride ourselves on a clean room with great service at a super price. It is great to hear that you had that experience with us. We do have security that patrols our parking lot . We want you to feel safe at all times while you are staying with us. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Bob
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I always booked here for the last 5 months for a monthly event because it was cheap and my little dog stayed free. It's always been clean and quiet for the most part. The riff-raff was bad every once in a while because of the bad neighborhood but this stay was the WORST. No water when I needed to take a shower. Water was running in the basin, but only cold. I couldn't access the internet. After a very long day, I come back to a bunch of softball teams of twelve year olds running around screaming at midnight, AND, when I complain TWICE to the front desk, the person there yelled at me as if I was the bad guy. IDIOTS. I am NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER spending a dime here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ftwtxblonde
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. In regards to the incident you mentioned about our hotel, I would like to assure you this is an issue we take very seriously. I am currently working with the City of Austin Water Utilities Department to rectify the intermittent water pressure issue. I have already addressed the issue you stated regarding our front desk staff. I also want to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with our internet service. I appreciate you reviewing your stay and hope you will give our hotel another chance should you happen to be in the area. I would like for you to remain a repeat customer. If you ever have further questions, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Overall great quality customer service. The room was very clean,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review!
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

This place is crawling with bedbugs. I stayed there five nights, ending on May 20th, 2011...woke up that morning, and a bedbug had sucked a hole in the main artery in my right forearm...another one had sucked a hole in my right temple...

My arm is still swollen, hot and bright red two days later...and the bite on my temple is the same way, swollen, hot, and bright red.

I don't care what kind of hotel you have, how nice it looks, or how friendly the staff is - if you have bedbugs, you either replace all the beds and the bedding immediately and call a professional exterminator and take care of the problem or prepare to be sued.

Some people are allergic to bedbugs. (They can go into shock and die if bitten.) And bedbugs today carry horrendous diseases.

Don't stay at this place. You've been warned.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RambleOn88
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. I would like to assure you this is an issue we take very seriously. In order to investigate this incident further, please contact me so that I can gather more information. This hotel follows a diligent procedure that involves preventative measures to avoid this type of incident. I appreciate you reviewing your stay and hope that you will give our hotel another chance the next time you are traveling to the area.

Dale Harrington
i0210@redroof.com
el paso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn Austin North. The staff was friendly, helpful and very accomedating. The rooms were suprising large, clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. Jennifer at the front desk ,gave me great suggestions on where to dine, and listen to live music. Next time my friends and I are in Austin, we will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Jennifer made such a positive impact for you. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Marianne Arriaga