“nice room but grounds needed more care”

Red Roof Inn Austin North
Ranked #134 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Apopka, Florida
“nice room but grounds needed more care”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Room was very nice, clean and well decorated. Very modern, up to date. Staff was friendly also. Only negative was the stairs smelled and had needed cleaning as well as parking around back where our room was.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mia H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My stay at the Red Roof inn Austin North #210 was a great experience if traveling to or Texas a resident you will be happy with your stay.It has been remodeled the room was very clean it had a good smell the TV refrigerator and microwave made it more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great place to stay... quiet, clean, and close to downtown. There are lots of restaurants in the area too. The front desk staff is very helpful, particularly Matt who gave me some great tips on things to do around town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I checked into this hotel and the place is a dump! there was dried urine on the bathroom floor, there was NO NEW FURNITURE, NO NEW BEDDING AND SHEETS, NO FLAT SCREEN TV, NO IRON. When i called to the front desk, the lady screamed at me that she would find an iron and then never returned my call nor did she provide the iron. When i checked out i told the new person at the desk about my complaints and he said "you are not the first to complain!" Really? How do they get to go on with this FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER STOP TELLING PEOPLE HOW MUCH OF A DUMP THIS PLACE REALLY IS!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank naveladmiral

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The area is very sketchy and I am a biker, not easily uncomfortable but this place was bad news upon arrival. Kids drinking out of a van in the parking lot- move forward to 2am when we got woken up by bed bugs biting my hands. It was disgusting. Front desk act like this was a normal occurrence, she knew the drill... Refund us, and manager will call in the morning. Going down the elevator is when we met the cockroaches. And we never heard from the manager the next day. We will never stay at another red roof inn again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johannaa704
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I reserved a room and counted on it being at least average quality. After driving for over and hour and a half, we arrived to a top level non smoking room that smelled heavily of smoke and dog. Not only this, the floor had clearly not been swept. The beds had the covers over them but still looked as if someone had just watched tv and walked out minutes before our arrival. The trash cans were full of garbage, and dirty towels with black stains were pilled up on the bathtub. The rug had holes in it, and the microwave had left over cheese from whatever the previous guest had placed in there. We felt dirty and endangered just being there. The surrounding area is not safe and the hotel itself seems like a jail cell hangout with barefoot individuals in disheveled clothing hanging out outside (including the cleaning staff). This place has a third world feel to it. We immediately walked back down to the front desk and requested a refund. The only positive is that the front clerk was extremely professional and nice. She did not hesitate to give us a refund and was very pleasant.

-Save your money and time: go to another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! -Go to a different hotel-
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karina R
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Traveling across country with show dogs, we always try to book RR for no frills, clean, and value accommodations for us and our pups. Although our room looked clean this property was filthy. Staff was very friendly and helpful, but the property right across from my room seemed to be a haven for drug dealing and unsavory characters. The RR lobby was filthy as well as the property in general. There were empty beer bottles/cans all over the place. My 3-5 lb dogs refused to even be put on the ground to potty. The one area with grass was full of empty beer cans and cigarette butts. I closed my drapes and tried to imagine I was on the beach in Maui but the yelling and honking for drug dealers next store kept shattering my illusion. I stayed 2 hours then checked out and headed to the Red Roof + South Austin. The RR+ S. Austin was very sympathetic to the ordeal and offered me a discount for our troubles. RR customer resolution did credit my account for the 3 day stay and for that reason I will continue to stay with Red Roof Inn. For this particular journey we booked 7 different RR Inns and this was the only property with issues. If they choose to clean the place up to standard of other RR properties it may help push the neighborhood in the better direction. In the future I will continue to stay with RR but will research and scrutinize areas a little more in depth before booking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business