“Older Hotel, but Very Nice”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #51 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Corsicana, Texas
“Older Hotel, but Very Nice”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stay here frequently on business trips to Austin. The hotel is consistent-very clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. I didn't like the restaurant, but there are excellent restaurants in walking distance (just across the street), so that's really not an issue. The rates are excellent, especially for Austin, which tends to be overpriced.

1 Thank DDFAustin
JamesPrendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel, we sincerely appreciate your loyal patronage. We are very proud of our wonderful employees, I am delighted to ready that your interactions have been positive. I was disappointed to read that the restaurant has not been to your liking, if there are specific areas where you feel we could improve, I would love to hear from you, please feel free to contact me directly.

512-374-4850
james.prendeville@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sacramento
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great hotel all around. The rooms were really nice, the bed super comfy, the hotel food was excellent and the shower's water pressure was awesome. The courtyard in the middle of the hotel is beautiful. I held my husband's 40th birthday party in the banquet center and everything was perfect. The hotel staff was outstanding and extremely responsive, anticipating my every need. If I were to hold another event in Austin, I would go back to this Doubletree every time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you so much for the outstanding feedback on your recent stay and event at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin, It is always very gratifying to read when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. Our great staff, comfortable beds and gorgeous inner courtyard are frequently mentioned in TripAdvisor reviews but I am particularly pleased that you mentioned the water pressure in our showers.

We believe that the shower is an essential component of a great hotel experience and to this end we have made a large investment in both our shower heads and plumbing system to ensure that our rooms always have adequate water temperature and water pressure.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I booked my trip through Hotwire and got a great rate (almost half off). This was a business trip so I was mainly interested in room cleanliness and the convenience to get to my conference destination at UT.

I was fine with the room. Although it was on the small side, it was clean and nicely decorated. One big drawback for me was that the room did not have a microwave or a refrigerator -- a real bummer! The rooms have a back door that lead out to a shared veranda overlooking the courtyard. Very nice when you wanted to check the temp or just get a bit of fresh air. My phone, and apparently a few others, could not get a signal inside the room. So this area became the unofficial cell phone area. When I arrived there was a beautiful wedding in progress. Free unsecured internet was available in the room so I could check my email. Dining was easy because of the hotel restaurant and Pappadeaus was directly across the street.

Getting back and forth to my conference was not as convenient as I had hoped. The conference was held 4 miles away, but the complimentary hotel shuttle only travels within a two mile radius. Unfortunately, I did not find this out until I arrived. So the first day, I took a cab which cost me $16 one way. The second day, I decided to try public transportation and take the bus. I never did find the bus stop, but I was blessed to find a UT shuttle that took me directly to the conference free of charge. (Aint God good?)

For the price I paid,I would stay here again as long as I had my own transportation.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard view
1 Thank kathybb
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. You are correct that we do not have fridges and microwaves in our rooms but both are available on request by contacting the front desk. It seems that you stayed in one of our courtyard facing rooms, they are very popular with our guests. Our location next to Pappadeaux and Pappasitos is very convenient for guests wishing to dine outside of the hotel, both are excellent. We hope to see you back in the future.

Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 18 April 2012 via mobile

The decor of the common areas was very 70s. My room was clean and new and recently refurbished. Fluffy towels. The breakfast was Excellent.. Pool area was nice but I didn't get a chance to use it. Would definitely stay here again if I were back in Austin on business.

Stayed May 2011
Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin, it is greatly appreciated. The exterior and public areas of the hotel are designed in a very unique Spanish Colonial style of architecture. You are correct that this motif does not carry into our guestrooms which are modern and more contemporary. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, pool and our wonderful bath towels. We look forward o welcoming you back in the near future.

austin
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Wanted to share with you our experience this past weekend.Our youngest child and our only daughter Katie got married on Sat., at the Doubletree.Wedding in the courtyard and reception in the Dover Room. It was amazing and all 90 guest's had an incredible time. We had people from Hawaii to Florida to Connecticut and Oregon. Everyone loved the wedding the hotel and thought the food was wonderful. I had spent one year planning this wedding from a boat ride on Lake Austin to the hospitality suite in room 386. It was en incredible journey. The one person who made this journey so easy for me was your employee Carleen. She made my mother of the bride duties so easy. She was so helpful to my daughter.Her suggestions were wonderful and she always spoke with a soft voice and always new the answer to every question I asked. She is an amazing wedding planner and now she is our friend. Don't lose her as an employee...she is truly a keeper and I will recommend The Doubletree to everyone!!!!
Patti B....Austin Texas

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write about your daughter’s wedding at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of all of our guests and it is particularly gratifying to hear positive comments regarding an occasion as important as a wedding day. Carleen is indeed very talented and we feel very fortunate to have her on our team. We hope to see you back in the future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here under my Hilton employee discount. Room was a bit small for my liking, but clean. The whole hotel was clean. Housekeeping does a fantastic job. Friendly/welcoming staff in front office. Self-parking is only $8.00. Close to shopping at The Domain amongst other places. The courtyard area is unique. I liked how all of the balconies overseeing the courtyard have a "New Orleans Bourbon Street" feel to it (minus the trash, of course); that was interesting. I can say I would return if hotels downtown were sold out.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NextStopIsWhere
Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. Friendly service and impeccable cleanliness standards are a strong focus at the hotel and I appreciate you mentioning both. The courtyard facing rooms are very popular with our guests, I am glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a very nice Doubletree property. Food in the bar, late night, was good. Room was clean, fully stocked, nice bathroom soaps/lotions, good linens and towels, and lots of comfy pillows. Great location for food options outside the hotel too. Customer service on the phone was a little strange when calling to rectify my last name being spelled incorrectly for the Wifi but, I'll chalk it up to being late at night and perhaps not the usual person who answers the phones? Will definitely be happy to stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I am delighted that your overall experience was positive and that you enjoyed our food, rooms and location. We hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.