“Comfy beds, good pool area & great cookies!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #58 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were only at the hotel for 1 night -- when we arrived we were greeted with cookies, and since our rooms were not ready we went to the pool area.

The outdoor pool is enclosed in an interior courtyard in the center of the hotel. Typical hotel size pool & hot tub. The afternoon we visited it was about 95 and there were only about 10 other folks at the pool. Coke machine at the pool -- otherwise it's bring your own beverage. The pool area was clean and the surrounding plants well maintained. They were out of pool towels when we were there -- which was a bit of a problem since we didn't have room keys yet!!

Once our room was ready we received more cookies - yea!! We had a 2 room king suite, both rooms were very large. One room had an exterior balcony. We had a corner suite, so the other room didn't have a balcony.

The rooms were clean, beds extremely comfy -- and we even had 2 sleeping on the pull out couch who said it was quite comfy as well.

I think there was a restaurant at the hotel, but we didn't make use of it -- who wants hotel food for Cynco de Mayo!!

We were on the 3rd floor -- and were able to go directly into the 3rd floor parking garage w/o having to go to the lobby, switch elevators, etc...

There was a prom held at the hotel the night we were there, but we did not hear any residual music or noise from the event -- and it was fun to see the style show as folks arrived!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
JamesPrendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thanks so much for sharing some details of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, it is very gratifying to read that your experience was positive. We just completed a renovation of our swimming pool and deck and added new pool furniture, I am delighted you had an opportunity to enjoy it. Our Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience has been receiving outstanding reviews from our guests, comfy indeed! Also note that while we offer our delicious warm chocolate chip cookies to all of our guests at check in, if you would like some more, all you have to do is ask.

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, we hope you will come back and see us on a return trip to Austin.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Not going to lie. If I had the cash I would always stay here. I was able to Priceline this for about 100 bucks a night.

The Hotel is a little bit difficult to get to since it's not directly off the highway. You have to exit the highway then be on the service road for a tad bit but no big deal. This place is worth it.

I was able to get a room that was facing the court yard. Blew me away at how beautiful it was. You DO share a balcony. Your back door opens out into an out door hall way type. So if you're afraid don't worry. There's a dead bolt and you get privacy curtains. When I was here there was a wedding happening so it was a bit busy.

Parking - I didn't have to pay for parking, probably because of the wedding? But I've read in other reviews that you have to pay for parking? I hope this is not that case. The garage is big but the floor get full fast. Thankfully I was on the 3rd floor and parking was empty on that floor. BE CAREFUL when you drive through the garage, the turns are tight. Some people drive in the middle of the lanes when they turn as well.

Rooms - Rooms were awesome, lots of lights. ELECTRICAL OUTLETS everywhere. Big plus! I do not want to be confined to a space to charge my phone or use my laptop if I need it to be charged. My phone didnt have signal in the room (I have T-Mobile) my friends had AT&T and it worked fine. Free WIFI was fast enough to surf the web and do what you need, it's not that slow. Room was clean when we got in. Nice 42" LCD and good channels for free! Bathroom was pretty nice as well, hot water was hot. Bed was very comfortable.

Check In/ Check out - The people were very nice and accommodating. Two free warm cookies when I checked in!

Overall - Very good place! Definitely a place to stay if you want a lovely view if you got the court yard. I see the manager is very attentive to this review. BIG PLUS cause you know they care. Does not make crazy excuses like some places I've seen. Rooms are great! Prices are not too bad either! I'm just a bargain hunter, but I will be looking forward to staying here again in the near future!

Room Tip: Always ask for a court side view! It will definitely be worth it!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
JamesPrendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback from your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel, it is greatly appreciated. It appears that your experience was very positive and I am delighted you enjoyed your courtyard room and the service you received. You are correct that we do indeed care very much about our guests and their impressions of our hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have been to this hotel for a business trip to Austin last fall. The hotel was my choice as I'm a Hilton Honors member and wanted to collect some additional points and the prices was pretty attractive. While the staff did offer the expected service, it was nothing special or noteworthy. The main problem with this hotel is the overall shape of the building. It definitely need urgent renovation to comply with the standards typically expected from a Doubletree hotel. While my visit overall was ok, I would not really consider the hotel for one of my frequent visits to Austin as there are better choices within the Hilton group offering better quality for similar prices.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JJHamburg

Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay. I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our employees, they truly are wonderful. I was disappointed that overall shape of the building was not to your liking. The hotel is designed in a very unique Spanish Colonial style of architecture and while this old-world design aesthetic is very popular with most of our guests, we realize it may not be to everyone’s liking. The hotel has had a number of renovation projects completed over the last couple of years and we continue to invest in upgrading our property for the enjoyment of all of our guests with a number of significant projects planned for 2012 also.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Late night phone call to property resulted in immediate reservation. Very cordial staff who wisely noted my profile and offered alternate room location based on it's quiet location in hotel. Room was immaculate and well appointed. Bed and linens were as good as home and that is saying a lot. Very good lighting in bathroom. Lovely courtyard and pool area Did not dine at hotel but coffee to go was available (Starbucks). Good value. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a corridor room for more quiet location.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattyoclark

Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I appreciate you recognizing our great staff, high cleanliness standards and our wonderful Sweet Dreams by Doubletree sleep experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband got this room as a grab bag from expedia. It was very basic, no mini fridge. When we checked in the room they were going to give us had 2 beds, my husband asked if we could upgrade, they gave us a standard room with one King bed. My husband kept telling me our expedia booking looked nothing like what we actually got. I ordered room service one night and the $75.00 nachos and dips had no meat on them at all. On the day we checked out, I had to spend 15 minutes trying to find a valet or a desk clerk. Finally I found a desk clerk who said she had been trying to find the valet also to no avail. She came out and got our keys for us. Its fine if you just need a place to sleep. We will not be doing the expedia grab bag thing again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay. While mini fridges are not standard in our guestrooms, they can be requested by contacting the front desk. I was disappointed to read that your room service and valet experience was not perfect but I do appreciate you making us aware of it, we will use these comments to help us improve.

We would certainly prefer that your opinion of us is above average and I would encourage you to reach out to me directly to elaborate on your experience.

512-374-4850
james.prendeville@ihrco.com

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stay here frequently on business trips to Austin. The hotel is consistent-very clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. I didn't like the restaurant, but there are excellent restaurants in walking distance (just across the street), so that's really not an issue. The rates are excellent, especially for Austin, which tends to be overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DDFAustin

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel, we sincerely appreciate your loyal patronage. We are very proud of our wonderful employees, I am delighted to ready that your interactions have been positive. I was disappointed to read that the restaurant has not been to your liking, if there are specific areas where you feel we could improve, I would love to hear from you, please feel free to contact me directly.

512-374-4850
james.prendeville@hilton.com

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great hotel all around. The rooms were really nice, the bed super comfy, the hotel food was excellent and the shower's water pressure was awesome. The courtyard in the middle of the hotel is beautiful. I held my husband's 40th birthday party in the banquet center and everything was perfect. The hotel staff was outstanding and extremely responsive, anticipating my every need. If I were to hold another event in Austin, I would go back to this Doubletree every time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you so much for the outstanding feedback on your recent stay and event at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin, It is always very gratifying to read when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. Our great staff, comfortable beds and gorgeous inner courtyard are frequently mentioned in TripAdvisor reviews but I am particularly pleased that you mentioned the water pressure in our showers.

We believe that the shower is an essential component of a great hotel experience and to this end we have made a large investment in both our shower heads and plumbing system to ensure that our rooms always have adequate water temperature and water pressure.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.