“business trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
harlingen, United States
“business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

great to be able to stay in the same hotel where the conference was being held. near a lot of things in the austin area. great hotel stay. convenient parking at reasonalbe prices in the attached parking garage. food during the conference was very good and the hospitality of all staff was great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thanks for the review of your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, convenient parking, food and the service from our wonderful employees.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company on a future trip to Austin.

Doubletree by Hilton Austin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Arlinton Tn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Excellent, friendly, helpful staff and great location. easy to find and convenient for my business. I have stayed here multiple times and always have my teams stay here as well. The hotel resturant is very good but this location also has the advantange of having very good establishments in easy walking range.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the 5-star review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin. The kind words regarding our friendly employees, location and restaurant are greatly appreciated as is your loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Austin.

Doubletree by Hilton Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

There was nothing great nor bad to report on this hotel. It was pretty average and predictable which isn't bad when traveling particularly for business. Everything in the room was clean, nicely set up and comfortable. It's not special if you're planning a good vacation or getaway but it's a really decent place.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thanks for the review of your recent stay. While I was pleased that you did not encounter any problems, I was also disappointed that your stay was not as memorable as we would have hoped. I do appreciate the kind words regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your room and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Wädenswil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

For Europeans pricing with USD 130/ nt is certainly acceptable. staff is entirely friendly and to some extent even multilingual. Ther are restaurants in immediate vicinity; Papa deaux is just accross the street. Noisy, but food is excellent, even for a spoilt European

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 060660
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay, it appears that your overall experience was positive. I appreciate the kind words regarding our great employees and I am glad you had time to enjoy some of the great restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I plan and organize training programs in cities across the US and Canada, so I work with hotels on a very regular basis. It is rare that a property has the level of service - top to bottom - that I experienced during our program at the Doubletree Austin this week. The property is a little older but is very well kept and has very clean rooms with excellent amenities. The meeting space is very well appointed and is very compact (which is great for accessibility) but there is still plenty of space for large groups. I cannot say enough good things about the staff of this property; from the sales and convention services folks to front desk staff, from back of the house to banquets, everyone was more than friendly, responsive and helpful. Meetings are never perfect, but any time we needed anything it was provided within minutes and I never had trouble getting ahold of the appropriate staff person. Nothing was too much to ask and they touched base with me several times throughout the day to make sure that our events were going smoothly. I'd like to share special gratitude for service received from Vanessa in sales, Bill in convention services, Eyob with banquets, Victor and Ernesto with set-up and Bettina at the front desk. I look forward to the opportunity to bring our training back to the Doubletree Austin!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review of your recent meetings experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that your experience was positive and I sincerely appreciate the comments regarding both the hotel and the interactions you had with our great employees.

We look forward to hosting your next successful meeting at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

This place has the potential, but they buggered up my resv & I had such a poor Check-in experience, that I wont stay there the next time I come back to Austin. Beware of the smoking rooms that are magically turned into non-smoking rooms with ashtrays! Brkfst staff was the best part of this stay! The lounge was a comfortable spot for a nightcap.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Larry A F
Thanks for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay and please accept my apologies that your experience was negatively impacted by the poor check in experience. Additionally, if your preference was to have a non-smoking room, I fully agree that it is unacceptable that you were placed in a smoking room. You have my assurance that I will personally be following up on both matters to understand what happened.

I do appreciate the positive comments regarding the breakfast staff and the Lounge and I would encourage you to reach out to me personally if you wish to discuss your stay in more detail.

james.prendeville@hilton.com
Direct: 512-374-4850
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I take many trips to Austin, and this stay was the very best. The front desk people were friendly and accomodating, the rooms were clean, and quiet. There was a nice area downstairs to have a drink and unwind, and of course the chocolate chip cookies!!
The beds were extremely comfortable, and the pillows were absolutely heavenly. I would recommend this hotel time and time again... Just thinking about the time I spent here has me wanting to go back, even if just for the opportunity to sleep in one of their rooms again!!
As for amenities and adult beverages, theres a Walmart and a Specs around the corner!

Room Tip: You can easily miss this hotel- stay on the feeder and u-turn onto northbound feeder lane.