“Great staff. Clean comfy rooms. Poor dinner service.”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #53 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Loved the staff. Rooms are very comfy. Dinner is held in the bar area. The kitchen is down the hall and there is no phone communication with the ONE CHEF available so they have to travel back and forth with orders, etc, This makes the wait for evening meals WAY TOO LONG. Also, the conference room above the first floor are rather small and DO NOT HAVE PUBLIC BATHROOMs. You have to go all the way back downstairs to the first floor or to your room if you are staying onsite.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thanks for the 4-star review of your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I appreciate the kind words regarding our wonderful staff and our comfortable rooms.

We do serve dinner from our Lounge and actually use an electronic paging system (in lieu of telephones) to inform our servers when food is ready to be picked up. We have a number of boardrooms located on various floors throughout the hotel, some have restrooms and some do not. For the boardrooms that do not have a restroom, we typically block a vacant guestroom close-by so that our guests will not have to travel back downstairs. Please accept my most sincere apologies if this did not happen for the meeting you attended.

Thanks again for the candid feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of your company on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have been staying at this Doubletree regularly for over twenty years, every time I visit Austin for holidays and weekends with my extended family. Not only are their rooms well-maintained and comfortable, but their staff is extraordinary--always friendly and helpful, they always make me feel like a valued guest.

Last weekend, I hosted a graduation celebration for my daughter at this hotel. It could not have been a more fun experience. I really appreciated all the special touches the catering crew provided. In short, I love this hotel!

Room Tip: I always request a high floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thanks for the wonderful review of your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and it is very gratifying to read that your graduation celebration was enjoyable. I will be passing your comments along to our catering team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is convenient to downtown Austin. Best service was bell hop and valet attendants. Took taxis to Vince Young Steak House and Drisckoll. About $10 each way - worth the $ as parking in downtown Austin is terrible.Front desk did not charge our bill correctly- it was prepaid with a friends cc, their treat to us, and the hotel requested a cc from us at checkin, then charged the stay a second time to our card - still trying to get it resolved, sure it was just policy and bookkeeping.
We had breakfast included in our stay, but the breakfast staff was not in favor of my request for a yogurt, coffee, and danish to go. Oh well. I'd look for other hotels before I book this one again.
The room was corner suite -small for a suite.Quiet, comfortable, not luxury bedding, and needs new pillows.

Room Tip: I'd ask for higher than 3rd floor, might get a view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our location, bell-stand employees and valet services. I was disappointed to read that an error was made with the billing of your room charges and that you had a challenge getting some to-go items form the breakfast buffet. I would encourage you to please contact me directly if the billing issue has not been resolved to your full and complete satisfaction.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

james.prendeville@hilton.com
Direct: 512-374-4850

Reviewed 7 May 2013

At the time it was undergoing some renovations. Still had an old building feel to it, but some updated amenities just the same. Ended up forgetting something in the room and they kept it and got it safely to me. Room was more spacious than expected.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel and the positive comments regarding room size and amenities. I was very pleased that our staff was able to locate the item you left behind and return it to you in a timely manner.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

great to be able to stay in the same hotel where the conference was being held. near a lot of things in the austin area. great hotel stay. convenient parking at reasonalbe prices in the attached parking garage. food during the conference was very good and the hospitality of all staff was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the review of your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, convenient parking, food and the service from our wonderful employees.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company on a future trip to Austin.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Excellent, friendly, helpful staff and great location. easy to find and convenient for my business. I have stayed here multiple times and always have my teams stay here as well. The hotel resturant is very good but this location also has the advantange of having very good establishments in easy walking range.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the 5-star review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin. The kind words regarding our friendly employees, location and restaurant are greatly appreciated as is your loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Austin.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

There was nothing great nor bad to report on this hotel. It was pretty average and predictable which isn't bad when traveling particularly for business. Everything in the room was clean, nicely set up and comfortable. It's not special if you're planning a good vacation or getaway but it's a really decent place.

• Stayed: April 2013
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks for the review of your recent stay. While I was pleased that you did not encounter any problems, I was also disappointed that your stay was not as memorable as we would have hoped. I do appreciate the kind words regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your room and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.