“Excellent Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #55 of 197 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Andrews, United States
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at DoubleTree on business. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean. The beds are so comfortable. 3 restaurants within walking distance but not much else. The shuttle service could be better. Never was running when needed so had to get taxi.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Kristi A,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel on your recent visit. Our staff works hard to ensure every guest has a great stay, and they will enjoy hearing these comments about the service they provide.

Best Wishes,
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Murrieta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

was out here on biz. I booked online and had a nice stay. came back a couple of days later to finish out my biz. trip and was met with a not so nice young lady at the front desk. Ms. Blame I think her name was. anyway, I did not stay there because of her. I ended up at the Omni Hotel. wow. what a place. please try to hire friendly staff. a nice smile goes a long way. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Edward D,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay, I can assure you that this will be followed up with our Front Office Manager to ensure this does not happen in the future. My contact information is below and I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you further regarding your experience.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809
Hallettsville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a great hotel for the person who likes a courtyard style of hotel. The rooms are well maintained and the courtyard creates a very colonial atmosphere. I've stayed here twice now and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Austin area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin on your visit to Austin. I will pass them along to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for a legal conference; The hotel is very nice, comfortable. Room service is very prompt and the food was great. I never even left the place for the entire time I was in Austin. And I LOVE the soaps! They smell so good! I definitely will stay here again while in Austin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing such kind remarks about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I was thrilled to read that you were able to enjoy our hotel to its fullest. I will be sure to pass along the great comments to our room service and housekeeping teams.

All the Best,
Austin TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I came to the Austin Doubletree (at 6505 on Interstate 35) for a wedding. I found the room comfortable, with a pleasant balcony. Staff was friendly and courteous, and the pool was also nice and refreshing. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. We appreciate this positive feedback and I will share it with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had the most amazing Prom at Doubletree Hilton. Sarah Wright assisted us from start to finish. She was always available to discuss details and was very prompt with responses. Ernest did an excellent job setting up and took the initiative to fix a prop that was set up by a different vender. Eyob, the Banquet Captain had the most amazing spread of food and was very accommodating to our requests. Khadija, Claudia, Raul; the servers were very friendly and efficient with their service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Michelle,
It was a pleasure to host your schools prom at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I would like to personally thank you for recognizing so many of our staff. They work extremely hard to ensure that our events are flawless and I have already passed along your great remarks. Thank you again and we are looking forward to hosting your prom again next year.

All the Best,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I attended a conference in Austin and the official conference hotel was sold out and the Doubletree was chosen as an overflow hotel. For the price I expected a really great room, but what I got was a room that had a hole in the bathroom wall and mystery sticky stuff on the nightstand. Plus, the night before I was giving my presentation a bunch of rowdy drunk guys were in the room next to me. I called the front desk twice about them. Security came and all they told them was to shut the door so everyone with rooms facing the courtyard couldn't hear them. That didn't really work for the poor people like me who had adjoining rooms and could hear every drunken laugh through the walls. I just wish that Security had actually made them stop instead of telling them to take it inside. Again, for the price this hotel is not worth it. I did not really enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear 508denas,
Thank you for providing this detailed feedback regarding your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our product and service and I am disappointed that you did not experience us at our very best. If you would like to talk about your stay further, feel free to contact me at John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com or 512-374-4809.