“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin TX, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I came to the Austin Doubletree (at 6505 on Interstate 35) for a wedding. I found the room comfortable, with a pleasant balcony. Staff was friendly and courteous, and the pool was also nice and refreshing. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. We appreciate this positive feedback and I will share it with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had the most amazing Prom at Doubletree Hilton. Sarah Wright assisted us from start to finish. She was always available to discuss details and was very prompt with responses. Ernest did an excellent job setting up and took the initiative to fix a prop that was set up by a different vender. Eyob, the Banquet Captain had the most amazing spread of food and was very accommodating to our requests. Khadija, Claudia, Raul; the servers were very friendly and efficient with their service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Michelle,
It was a pleasure to host your schools prom at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I would like to personally thank you for recognizing so many of our staff. They work extremely hard to ensure that our events are flawless and I have already passed along your great remarks. Thank you again and we are looking forward to hosting your prom again next year.

All the Best,
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I attended a conference in Austin and the official conference hotel was sold out and the Doubletree was chosen as an overflow hotel. For the price I expected a really great room, but what I got was a room that had a hole in the bathroom wall and mystery sticky stuff on the nightstand. Plus, the night before I was giving my presentation a bunch of rowdy drunk guys were in the room next to me. I called the front desk twice about them. Security came and all they told them was to shut the door so everyone with rooms facing the courtyard couldn't hear them. That didn't really work for the poor people like me who had adjoining rooms and could hear every drunken laugh through the walls. I just wish that Security had actually made them stop instead of telling them to take it inside. Again, for the price this hotel is not worth it. I did not really enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear 508denas,
Thank you for providing this detailed feedback regarding your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our product and service and I am disappointed that you did not experience us at our very best. If you would like to talk about your stay further, feel free to contact me at John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com or 512-374-4809.

Austin, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I enjoyed the accommodations; staff friendly, lay out nice, served the conference quite well. One concern I do have, not just with this facility but with several of the Hilton facilities in the U.S., there is never a refrigerator in the room anymore. I enjoy cold water throughout the night and the little ice bucket just doesn't meet the need. In a word, "expectations", just thought there would (eventually by the odds if nothing else) be a small refrigerator in one of the rooms I had stayed in. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

Dear Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I appreciate the kind comments regarding our wonderful employees. Although fridges are not a standard amenity in our rooms, we are happy to provide one if requested. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best Wishes,
San Angelo, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've stayed at the DoubleTree Austin for years. They greet me cordially each time I arrive, and always have a wonderful, clean, spacious room ready for me. I know many of the staff by name, and look forward to seeing them each time. You can't do better than the Austin DoubleTree!

Dear David M,
Thank you for writing about your recent visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. If there is anything I can do to make your future stays even better, please feel to reach out to me. We appreciate your comments, and have already shared them with our staff.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809
dallas, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel is very clean and staff is very friendly. Good value for the money. Easy access to the freeway. Good water pressure. Very convenient for business travelers. Courtyard area was very nice. Internet was slow. I would stay at this location again.

Dear Aisha,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I was pleased to read your visit was convenient for your business needs. Our staff works very hard to ensure that every guest can relax after a long day of work. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Austin.

All the Best,
Omaha, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The location is average with 3 to 4 restaurants within short walking distance if you do not have a car. This is not an issue if you stay at the location for a day or two, but I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. My preference if in Austin again would be to stay at a property with more readily available services.

Dear Kim,
Thank you for writing a review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel, we welcome your feedback. Although most guests enjoy the restaurants directly adjacent to the hotel, they are not for everyone and we appreciate your point of view.