Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge(Austin)
  • Breakfast included
1,388 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskparking garagewarm cookieseasy accessbusiness triphotel staffenjoyed my staydowntown areaconferencepappadeauxvalethighwayuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the double tree for business. I'd have to say that what I miss most from home is my bed. But the bed here was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. The service was also great. I have no complaints. I even locked myself out of my room and the maintenance staff was awesome. Kudos for Lionel. He was very professional. The front desk staff was also great. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Veronica Y D,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel for your recent business trip. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our famous Sweet Dreams Beds and that Lionel was able to quickly assist you in your time of need. He is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along the great comment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Prior to my stay, I checked out the reviews online. I was apprehensive when I arrived. I was greeted promptly and professionally. My room was nice and comfortable. I had a 3 night stay that was very pleasant. The seminar I was attending was in the meeting rooms at Double Tree. The meeting room was very convenient and comfortable. The restaurants within walking distance made the evenings fun and safe. I had a very nice time and learned quite a bit at the seminar I attended. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Dorothy T,
Thank you for providing feedback about your conference experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel and I was pleased to read you were satisfied with our services. Our team works very hard and diligently to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The staff is friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean and quiet. I've stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. As a bonus, there is a café and bar in the hotel and three restaurants within easy walking distance.

1  Thank Tenskye

Dear Tenskye,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and will pass along your kind remarks to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Austin.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my first turn at a more upscale hotel from ones I've stayed at before. I was here for a conference and only decided to stay each night at the last minute rather than drive the 45 miles back to my home. The place is not very easily accessible, being right at the corner of two major highways, and you better know in advance you have to turn off the access road to a side street for the entrance. I missed it the first pass.

If you plan on a conference here, the service staff is excellent and the conference hall is very nice and large, plus there are several smaller rooms if you have any separate events going on at the same time. The service staff worked efficiently to transition the auditorium from speaker seating to a dance floor. I watched them do it.

The highlight was a guy whose name was Mike (or Michael) who helped me out in my last minute decisions to stay both nights. A very pleasant and helpful guy. Because the hotel was booked for the conference I wasn't sure if last-minute accommodations could be had, but he assured me they were available. He was also very helpful in a couple of other issues I asked him about.

Since I made last minute decisions both nights, I did not stay in the same room. The first night I was on the 5th floor on the highway side. Nice view. The second night I was on the 3rd floor, and on the pool side. The only downside to this was the walkway that ran outside the back door. You could hear people talking as they walked by, and even with the privacy curtain drawn I still felt a bit exposed.

Overall, a very good experience.

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful night, request a room on the opposite side from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear WinthropJQuiggy,
Thank you providing good feedback about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read that Michael was able to accommodate you on a last minute decision. He is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along these kind words.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

While working in downtown Austin, I selected this DoubleTree Property because the pricing was less than the downtown Hilton Properties. This property was conveniently located near good restaurants and the freeway. Keep in mind there is a charge for valet/self parking in the garage. As mentioned in another review the WiFi is simply at a snails pace, I mention this in the event you plan to work without your "Hotspot," you will be up all night. If traveling with family this property has a very nice pool lounge area even has rooms facing the pool area if you desire. The bedding and mattress was very comfortable.

Room Tip: As mention if the pool lounge area is your thing there are rooms that open directly to pool area. The fitness center is on the second floor also.

Dear Cecil E,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin for your recent business trip to Austin. I was happy to read that the hotels central location was convenient for your needs. Please feel free to reach out to me the next time you plan on heading to Austin so I can ensure everything is set up to your satisfaction.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com