“Quiet Place”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #54 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you want a nice quiet place this is the place for you. The Room was very clean. I had internet connectivity issues. Eventually i was able to connect and send important work files. Not much happening around this place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Carlos M,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel for your recent trip to Austin. While I was happy to see that you found our hotel to be very clean and quiet, I want to sincerely apologize for the internet connection issues you encountered and to assure you that it will be addressed. I thank you again for bringing this to our attention and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,
Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff were helpful and the accommodations were very nice - neat and clean. The parking garage was convenient and I enjoyed walking to the restaurant right across the street. I sat in the lounge area watched the new - very comfortable.

Dear Lisa B,
Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read that our staff was helpful and accommodating. I will be sure to pass along the kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was told that this hotel was pet friendly and then when I arrived with my small pet they said no. Since I had no one to keep her to took her back home and ran back and forth all weekend to take care of her. I should never have checked in, it was a mistake. Never trust whom you call.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Judy B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I want to sincerely apologize that you were originally misinformed about our Pet Policy. If you every have questions about our hotel in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at 512-374-4809, it would be my pleasure to answer any questions.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before this trip and I was looking forward to sleeping in the soft, cozy bed. The bedding is luxurious and soooo soft. I sleep like a baby there. The beds were remade every morning and towels replaced. Newspapers were free in the lobby and lemon water served on side board tables. It is very hot in Austin, Texas and the water was iced.

Dear Irene B,
Thank you very much for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel for your previous trips to Austin. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your Sweet Dreams bedding, along with the complimentary flavored water in the Lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

When I arrived in my room on 8/12/14, I found that balcony door lock did not work. (Would not open at all). I reported problem that evening, twice on 8/13, and early am 8/14. When I checked out at noon & lock still broken, I reported that every complaint was answered with "will take care of that right away".

Dear Rae Beth S,
Thank you for providing detailed insight on your recent stay. I can assure you that this issue has been addressed and rectified to prevent it from happening in the future. We hope this does not deter you from choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the double tree for business. I'd have to say that what I miss most from home is my bed. But the bed here was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. The service was also great. I have no complaints. I even locked myself out of my room and the maintenance staff was awesome. Kudos for Lionel. He was very professional. The front desk staff was also great. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Veronica Y D,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel for your recent business trip. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our famous Sweet Dreams Beds and that Lionel was able to quickly assist you in your time of need. He is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along the great comment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Prior to my stay, I checked out the reviews online. I was apprehensive when I arrived. I was greeted promptly and professionally. My room was nice and comfortable. I had a 3 night stay that was very pleasant. The seminar I was attending was in the meeting rooms at Double Tree. The meeting room was very convenient and comfortable. The restaurants within walking distance made the evenings fun and safe. I had a very nice time and learned quite a bit at the seminar I attended. Thank you!

Dear Dorothy T,
Thank you for providing feedback about your conference experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel and I was pleased to read you were satisfied with our services. Our team works very hard and diligently to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay.