“Great place to stay.....”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central
Ranked #100 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed here last month as we had a sporting event at UT Austin. Location is good as it was only 4 miles from UT or 15 mins drive . I felt safe in the area. Lots of places for food and one cannot run out of places to eat.

Check in was a breeze and was greeted by a pleasant lady. We had a 2 Double bedroom suite. Room was clean and it was equipped with a small fridge and microwave , which came in very handy for us. The breakfast was good and the had hot food make to order. Think it starts at 6am on a weekday and 7am on Sundays.
The only complain I have of this place is that the bathroom needs an update. I think the water was leaking from the tub that led to the carpet being damp/wet 24/7. The tile on the walls also needs a good scrub too.

Otherwise , it's a great hotel. Very relaxed feel when you walk in. I will definitely stay in this hotel again , given the location , the hotel itself and the variety of restaurants in the area. Will definitely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators are quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Beds were great, very spacious, made to order free breakfast was better than any other breakfast I've had. Overall customer service was really good from front desk to cleaning people to breakfast staff. A+!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have probably stayed in this hotel more than any other hotel in the country. It offers good sized rooms that are clean and reasonably priced. The location is good not great, and the design/look of the hotel and rooms is fine but could use an update. The staff has always been friendly and efficient. They have always been very accommodating of our small dog which is a big plus. The large open Atrium in the center is kept up well but acts as a giant amphitheater for the droves of children that are constantly running between the swimming pool and the Coy pond. This is an inevitability given that the hotel offers large multi-room suites for an affordable price (a large draw for families). Another positive is the daily breakfast. Lots of options, both typical continental fare as wells as some made to order hot items all included in the price of the room. Don't go expecting anything fancy but be assured that you will be staying at a well managed, clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattyboy549
Reviewed 26 July 2012

For an older Embassy Suites, I find that it has a lot of charm and was well maintained. The staff that checked me in were pleasant and helpful. They have a nice indoor courtyard with the eating area. They have a reception in the evening and a cook to order breakfast. The daily housekeeping in the room is done well. I have no real complaints except the location of the hotel. It is a little hard to get to when coming there from the office I go to but in the mornings going to the office it is very easy to just get on the freeway and go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this property for two nights. Check-in was very quick and clerks were friendly. Evening manager reception was less than what I had expected as compared to Embassy Suites in the DFW Metroplex. Breakfast was very good. My only criticism would be the musty smell of the room. Made me think they used to allow smoking in the room. What I was impressed with was the service we got after check-out. My wife left a pair of prescription glasses in the room. Upon returning home, I called the hotel and spoke to Oscar and Corina. The glasses had been found by housekeeping and turned in. I asked that they be mailed COD, however I was told that the hotel would FedEx them to me at no cost. Glasses were returned in good condition. I was impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Overall, I enjoy stays at Embassy suites, and have been to several in different locations. In regards to this particular location, I was not very happy. For one, I'm not too fond of the neighborhood (I know they can't help that), but I got lost on my way and found myself locking the doors to the car. Upon check-in my room had a musty old odor to it, and was in desperate need of some renovations or updates. My co-workers who had their own rooms were not satisfied either. One said she couldn't control the temperature in her room and gave up after a while by turning it off. The other said he had hair in his bathtub (the thought makes me sick). The combination of our experience made us cut our week-long stay short and move to another hotel the next day.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel_Crazies
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and will share your comments with our staff.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

A suite for a party of 4 at such a bargain wonderfull interior, indoor pool hot tub that open late,privacy door in king suite with pull out couch. Restaurant in the hotel an also next door. Complimentary breakfast with omelet made your way. An the staff was helpfull with finding me great Chinese. Food that deliver 9:30 pm on Sunday. Rozee

• Stayed: July 2012

Rozee,
Thank you for your kind comments and review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate your acknowledgement of my staff's service in your review. I am very proud of them and your kind words will be wonderful to share with them.

Hospitably yours,