“give it a try”

Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“give it a try”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

So many nice amenities, dated yet clean and full of perks! The staff is outstanding, the breakfast can't be beat. It has a 70's vibe, so if you are up for a throughback - go for it! Good value, spacious rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 9 August 2013

You would usually find most Embassy Suites hotels to be old and worn now. This property is in the best conditions I've seen for this type of suite-room hotels. Room has in very good shape and decor. Breakfast area was clean and promptly refilled. Restaurant had very good service and food quality. Good location, just minutes from downtown and shopping malls.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Guillermo H
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Guillermo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the hotel. The staff does take pride in their work and I appreciate you noticing their hard work to keep it that way. I will share your comments with the breakfast and restaurant staff as well!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We always enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites and this hotel was great as far as the location, beautiful atrium, nice room, etc. Our only complaint was that due to the specific location of our room right next to the housekeeping room, there was noise and clutter outside of our room much of the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I just wanted to thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel overall. I did forward your comments on to my Director of Housekeeping so she can discuss with our staff to be more considerate when moving carts out of storage and to make sure that they are being quiet and not in any guest's way.

I really appreciate the kind comments overall and I hope we get a chance to see you again very soon!

Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We love this Embassy Suites. Again , we were at a sporting event at UT and stayed here for 4 nights in July. We arrived around 3.30pm but the rooms were not ready. I was disappointed as we were all a little exhausted from the drive. However the lady at the front desk promised that it won't take longer than 30 mins. After about 20 mins wait , she called on us and check in was a breeze. Again she apologize for the inconvenience and gave us free wifi throughout our stay.

Room was clean and we had the double bed with a sofa bed. I like how the suite is set up as we had a separate sitting area where the sofa bed is and the little kitchen with a mini refrigerator. We could close the door to the bed room if someone wants to rest/sleep .

The only complaint I have is that the shower area could use a little scrub. The tiles were a little dirty. Otherwise , it was a pleasant stay. The hotel was running on full house but somehow we did not "feel" the crowd. The atrium gives it a nice "roomy and airy " feel .

The rest of their staff was also very courteous. Each time we meet them at the elevator or just walking on the corridor , they'd ask if everything was ok or if there's anything they could do to make our stay it better....that was nice !

There are plenty of restaurants around this area

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OrangePolkaDot
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I am so happy that the front desk gave you the free HSIA due to not having your room ready when you got here. I greatly appreciate your very kind comments about my staff; I take great pride in them and the way they take care of our guests. I do apologize about the tile. I have talked to the housekeeping staff to report any stains, mold, or mildew that they cannot remove with the standard chemicals and I will have my engineering staff strip and regrout the area.

I hope we get a chance to see back sometime soon!

West, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I just stayed one night. I wish I could have stayed more. The 2 queen bed suite had 3 sinks and mirrors. Could have easily slept 6 people and plenty of room to get ready. The swimming pool was indoors. Was very nice, but a little cloudy. Clean rooms, breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Tammy S
Thank you for your comments on the hotel! Yours was the second review that mentioned the cloudy pool. I have talked to my engineers and having them check it more frequently. All engineers are CPO (certified pool operators) and we should always have it right. I apologize that it was not right when you got here. Please come back and check it out again. It will be right!

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Even though the hotel is older, it is in good shape. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast and happy hour were great; the staff were nice and helpful. I did want to swim, but the pool looked really cloudy, so I didn't go in. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lori82364
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and saying such great things about the staff. All of my engineering staff are CPO's (certified pool operators) so the pool cloudiness should not have been a problem. I apologize that we did not get it right at the time you were looking to swim. I hope you come back soon and get a chance to see the pool the way it normally looks!

Jim Reist
Houston, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a good joint to stay for family vacation. My family felt very much at home. They enjoyed everything and we were able to visit other places of interest and had no problems locating the hotel. The entire staff were just awesome. They are always vey much ready to help you with any need and were being very cheerful all the time. The Chef and his group served people even beyond their hours of operation and had no problems showing you what you need to know. This is just one of its kinds.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Peter,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to recognize my staff for their hard work and hospitality. It is always a joy and privilege to take care of our guests!

I hope we see you again soon!