“Very nice stay”

Ranked #99 of 203 Hotels in Austin
La Porte, Texas
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at Embassy Suites when I took my son for orientation at the University of Texas. The room was very comfortable and clean. The complimentary made to order breakfast was very good and the free USA Today was a nice touch. The staff at the desk was very helpful in giving us directions to the university. We walked next door to the Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse and had a very nice dinner. All and all the trip was very satisfying. The Embassy Suites is my hotel for future trips to Austin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Ted.
Congratulations on your son making it into the University of Texas. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will continue to stay with us while your son completes his college degree!

Best wishes,]
Jim Reist, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My son's birthday is on the 4th of July and we usually go on a vacation instead of a party. This was our first time in Austin. We picked this hotel for the price and being an Embassy Suites hotel. First impressions upon entering the hotel were very favorable. The atrium is gorgeous, older but not dated and very inviting. All of the staff were friendly. The temperature of the indoor pool and jacuzzi were spot on and the fitness room was very clean. We ate at the restaurant on site - highly recommend it. Steak and salmon couldn't have been better.

We did have problems with our a/c. It was fixed promptly while we were out. The only reason I didn't give five stars was the dated and torn couch, low pressure on the toilet, drippy shower head and uncomfortable/wiggly mattress. This will not keep us from booking this lovely hotel in the future however. Definitely plan on coming back.

Stayed July 2014
Stephnrich25,

I am glad you enjoyed your first visit to Austin and I hope you will come back soon! Happy Birthday to your son; I am sure he had a wonderful time. Thank you for comments about the hotel!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Embassy Suites is one of my favorite hotels. The hotel is beautiful and the rates are reasonable. We stayed at this property last weekend and it was great. The suite was roomy and clean, breakfast is just perfect. Check in process was smooth and pleasant.
Will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Imeldita,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and the Embassy Suites brand of hotels. We appreciate your business and I hope we get to host you again sometime soon!

Jim Reist
Kingsville, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great place to stay. Furnishing are older but very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms updated and clean. Perfect for family get togethers as all roms are suites. The complimentary breakfast is the best, cooked to order, everything fresh.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

daporter,

Thank you for you comments about your family weekend here at the Embassy Suites Austin Central. The suites really do come in handy for families! I hope we get to host you again sometime soon.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good Value when traveling with children. The free made to order breakfast was better than expected. The staff prepared the food quickly and kept the quest engaged with pleasant conversation. The line moved very quickly. The pool area was great with comfortable furniture and plenty of clean towels available. The location was convenient to the State Capital, UT Campus and Governor's Mansion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Mexia, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here...Jason at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The drinks were good and so was the breakfast the next morning. Our room was nice and clean. We did have a couple problems with our room keys and when I went down to get the issue resolved, the boy at the front desk immediately asked me "what did I do to it?" and instead of trying to troubleshoot the issue and/or just get me a new key, he kept alluding to it being an issue on my end. I was slightly offended, but oh well. That's my only complaint, everything else was great.

Room Tip: If Jason is working, go to him. He was nice and had a very pleasant attitude :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
New Orleans
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I like to start with the positives first. The manager we met the second day was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good (both days). We ate a hamburger in the hotel restaurant and it was very good, along with excellent service. While the room was dated it was clean, but this Embassy Suites is not up to the standards of others. For the price we paid, we expected better. We plugged the address into our GPS, and we couldn't find the hotel. I called the hotel and I am not exaggerating when I say it took the front desk over 20 minutes to answer the phone. We actually stopped in at another Embassy Suites to get directions and what they printed out for us was what our GPS had. They called the hotel and couldn't get them to answer, either. When we finally did have someone answer, they told us that the official address listed isn't GPS/Google friendly and gave us a different street address. Check-in was slow as we had to wait for the girl to finish her personal conversation with the young man also working behind the desk - but he was checking someone in - before she asked if she could help us. There is no quick way to get the luggage cart from the parking lot to the front door. You basically have to travel the length of the parking lot and down the driveway to get the door. Also, they had cones blocking all of the regular and handicapped parking near the front door. There are two elevators, but there is no way to reach one of the elevators (the way the floor is designed - steps, etc.) if you are using a luggage cart. Of course, our room was across from the elevator we couldn't use, so we had to walk all the way around the atrium to reach our room. This was a complaint that I heard other guests also making. The front wall of the room is glass, so my daughter heard everyone who passed all night long. If you closed the curtains so people can't see into the room, you can't get out of the room without opening the curtains all the way. When I called for the internet access code, I was told that to use the wifi in our room, it was $10.95 per day, but I could sit in the lobby for free and use it. When I said I needed ethernet because I had to download sensitive information, I was told that the ethernet was no longer in service at that hotel. When I inquired about their business center, I was told that also was a fee of $10.95 per day. The A/C was not working properly in our room. The duct work is routed through the bathroom and the A/C fan was so loud, we had to keep the door shut. Then I was taking a shower and felt cold water on top of my head. I looked up and discovered that the A/C overflow drained into the tub. I tried to call down to the desk, but they didn't answer. I finally got dressed and walked down to the desk. I saw one of the managers and he told me he would send someone to take care of the A/C. The manager, the breakfast staff, the restaurant waiter, and the room attendant were all helpful and eager to please. The front desk, needs help.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SLRNewOrleans
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for such a detailed response, both the bad and the good. There is no excuse for not answering the phone promptly. I will use your comments to re-educate my front office team in phone etiquette (answer by the third ring). I would also like to apologize for the information given about the business center. There is a wired connection available and it is free, not the $9.95 you were told.

I hope we get a chance to earn back your business.

Jim Reist

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels