“First Trip To Austin, TX”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central
Ranked #86 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Sugar Land, United States
“First Trip To Austin, TX”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very nice hotel, breakfast is good, rooms are spacious, staff - fantastic. Checked in on a busy weekend - July 4 and the experience was fast and good. My children had fun at the pool which was indoors.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked a reservation for 2 nights through Hotels.com, which I use all the time. Show up, and am told by the manager, "nope, nothing under that name" - then was told "oh, hotels.com is a bad site to use because this can happen". They went back to the back for about 10 minutes and somehow miraculously found my reservation. Great, I have a room. The next morning, my invoice is slid under the door.... Uh, I'm not checking out today - the reservation was for 2 nights. Called the front desk and they "extended my reservation". Sigh. The room was musty smelling, the shower had mildew in it, the housekeeping hadn't come by 2:30pm, the bed was not comfy.... The pros? The lobby is pretty. The breakfast is free and good but they have a lot of flies. The parking is free.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I discussed your issues with my staff and we tracked down the problem. The simple answer to your Hotels.com issue ended up being a hotel staff error. I would not want us to pass on the blame to someone else. I also apologize for the other issues in the room. Please feel free to contact me If you would like to discuss further.

Cedar Hill, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel lobby was dirty and the furniture was dirty and worn. The room was smelly and the carpet was wet. The bathroom was dirty. The refrigerator did not work. The breakfast area was dirty and infested with flies.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Teresa W
I am sorry for the poor experience this week at our hotel. I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Jim Reist

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

La Porte, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at Embassy Suites when I took my son for orientation at the University of Texas. The room was very comfortable and clean. The complimentary made to order breakfast was very good and the free USA Today was a nice touch. The staff at the desk was very helpful in giving us directions to the university. We walked next door to the Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse and had a very nice dinner. All and all the trip was very satisfying. The Embassy Suites is my hotel for future trips to Austin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ted.
Congratulations on your son making it into the University of Texas. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will continue to stay with us while your son completes his college degree!

Best wishes,]
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My son's birthday is on the 4th of July and we usually go on a vacation instead of a party. This was our first time in Austin. We picked this hotel for the price and being an Embassy Suites hotel. First impressions upon entering the hotel were very favorable. The atrium is gorgeous, older but not dated and very inviting. All of the staff were friendly. The temperature of the indoor pool and jacuzzi were spot on and the fitness room was very clean. We ate at the restaurant on site - highly recommend it. Steak and salmon couldn't have been better.

We did have problems with our a/c. It was fixed promptly while we were out. The only reason I didn't give five stars was the dated and torn couch, low pressure on the toilet, drippy shower head and uncomfortable/wiggly mattress. This will not keep us from booking this lovely hotel in the future however. Definitely plan on coming back.

Stayed July 2014
Stephnrich25,

I am glad you enjoyed your first visit to Austin and I hope you will come back soon! Happy Birthday to your son; I am sure he had a wonderful time. Thank you for comments about the hotel!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Embassy Suites is one of my favorite hotels. The hotel is beautiful and the rates are reasonable. We stayed at this property last weekend and it was great. The suite was roomy and clean, breakfast is just perfect. Check in process was smooth and pleasant.
Will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Imeldita,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and the Embassy Suites brand of hotels. We appreciate your business and I hope we get to host you again sometime soon!

Jim Reist
Kingsville, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great place to stay. Furnishing are older but very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms updated and clean. Perfect for family get togethers as all roms are suites. The complimentary breakfast is the best, cooked to order, everything fresh.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

daporter,

Thank you for you comments about your family weekend here at the Embassy Suites Austin Central. The suites really do come in handy for families! I hope we get to host you again sometime soon.