“Great Place To Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central
Ranked #97 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a very nice clean and comfortable Embassy Suites with a reasonable rate and quality service. Excellent location in Austin and you can get anywhere you want to go in a short time. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Passing through Austin on our way to Fredericksburg I booked a night to break the trip up since traveling with a 7 year old who LOVES "E" hotels.Jason at the front desk greeted us with a smile as did everyone else that was at the front. Check in was fast and easy (as always) and he reminded us that they have everything that all the other "E" s that we have stayed at have and even put us in a corner room away from all the foot traffic "Kuddos" The hotel is older but it looked clean but a little worn(but so am I)so we unpacked our swimsuit and went on a search. To our dismay the pool is closed....not for technical or mechanical difficulties but by the HEALTH department!!! YIKES,YUK!! So back to Jason we go and I inform him that the pool is closed. His response says it all "Again?" He leaves to go to talk to the MGR who I never see and comes back telling me about some nearby public pools...REALLY!! The good Hilton customer that I am suggest that he calls the other Embassy that is a few miles away. Luckily they have a room and he books me a room and we run!! Now if you think that I was offered any sort of discount think again(makes you wonder why I book Hilton first) but they told me not to worry they wouldn't charge me for this wonderful experience since I changed my mind.

1  Thank GigiTX8
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is an older design and I prefer the newer design. However it was a one night stay then leaving the next morning. The suite works good there were 3 adults and an infant. I was able to eat while the others were gettign ready and brought breakfast back to the room for the other two adults.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was told on multiple occasions that no other rooms were available other than handicap accessible rooms, but upon calling the reservation line to call about other available Hilton hotels in the area (and looking at the site online) there were both king and queen non-handicap rooms available at the Hotel. I went to the neighboring Doubletree to ask about availability and was comparatively overwhelmed with the check-in process and cleanliness of the room. I called to cancel the reservation at the Embassy Suites (as we never took possession of the room) and was put on hold for 15 minutes. I was finally told that I would need to come back to cancel the reservation in person. Such a disappointing experience and process to undergo, but of more importance it was a waste of several hours on a simple overnight escape and I will never be able to recouple that time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig L
Reviewed 21 July 2014

No complaints at all! Breakfast was great and so were the complimentary drinks! Great, friendly and smiling staff and the bartender was very quick and patient, however I think he could use more help during that reception! The line was extremely long. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I most definitely will return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family and I have stayed couple times in this hotel. It is a good location, great service, staff is very friendly and great service during breakfast and manager reception. There are restaurants around the hotel and the shuttle will take around 2 miles from the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last weekend was one the worst stays I ever had. My room had a huge black spot on the rug with a odor undescriable. I was told to just pull the ottoman over it to hide the spot. Mold all around the wall borders and in the sliding doors.Out date furniture with an unpleasant odor.
Nathanial try to assist with my stay and moved me. But all rooms needed to be updated.
This hotel needs Undercover Boss to stop by . He would be in shock. See room #608. I was told by next year updates would be done. So do go until 2015.

Room Tip: Take Lysol and wipes before entering.
3  Thank Charlotte A
Travellers also viewed these Austin hotels
Northwest Austin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Crowne Plaza Austin
#20 of 204 in Austin

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central

Address: 5901 North I-35, Austin, TX 78723
Region: United States > Texas > Austin
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#61 Business Hotel in Austin
Price Range: £113 - £251 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Austin Embassy Suites