“Birthday Weekend”

Ranked #97 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, United States
“Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Check in was the worst services one can imagine. System was sending duplicate reservations and they could not access my confirmation #. I would recommend them to get retrained. Now talk about the suites loved it. Managers reception was great but the breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Ardmore, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a very nice clean and comfortable Embassy Suites with a reasonable rate and quality service. Excellent location in Austin and you can get anywhere you want to go in a short time. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Duncanville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Passing through Austin on our way to Fredericksburg I booked a night to break the trip up since traveling with a 7 year old who LOVES "E" hotels.Jason at the front desk greeted us with a smile as did everyone else that was at the front. Check in was fast and easy (as always) and he reminded us that they have everything that all the other "E" s that we have stayed at have and even put us in a corner room away from all the foot traffic "Kuddos" The hotel is older but it looked clean but a little worn(but so am I)so we unpacked our swimsuit and went on a search. To our dismay the pool is closed....not for technical or mechanical difficulties but by the HEALTH department!!! YIKES,YUK!! So back to Jason we go and I inform him that the pool is closed. His response says it all "Again?" He leaves to go to talk to the MGR who I never see and comes back telling me about some nearby public pools...REALLY!! The good Hilton customer that I am suggest that he calls the other Embassy that is a few miles away. Luckily they have a room and he books me a room and we run!! Now if you think that I was offered any sort of discount think again(makes you wonder why I book Hilton first) but they told me not to worry they wouldn't charge me for this wonderful experience since I changed my mind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GigiTX8

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Austin, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is an older design and I prefer the newer design. However it was a one night stay then leaving the next morning. The suite works good there were 3 adults and an infant. I was able to eat while the others were gettign ready and brought breakfast back to the room for the other two adults.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Houston, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was told on multiple occasions that no other rooms were available other than handicap accessible rooms, but upon calling the reservation line to call about other available Hilton hotels in the area (and looking at the site online) there were both king and queen non-handicap rooms available at the Hotel. I went to the neighboring Doubletree to ask about availability and was comparatively overwhelmed with the check-in process and cleanliness of the room. I called to cancel the reservation at the Embassy Suites (as we never took possession of the room) and was put on hold for 15 minutes. I was finally told that I would need to come back to cancel the reservation in person. Such a disappointing experience and process to undergo, but of more importance it was a waste of several hours on a simple overnight escape and I will never be able to recouple that time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Craig L
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

No complaints at all! Breakfast was great and so were the complimentary drinks! Great, friendly and smiling staff and the bartender was very quick and patient, however I think he could use more help during that reception! The line was extremely long. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I most definitely will return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed couple times in this hotel. It is a good location, great service, staff is very friendly and great service during breakfast and manager reception. There are restaurants around the hotel and the shuttle will take around 2 miles from the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family