We stayed at this hotel for a quick girls weekend. It was close to the 6th Avenue night life and Congress Avenue shopping. Everything was in walking distance but the hotel offered a shuttle.
To do: Request Room 319. Our room didn't smell like it had been sprayed for bed bugs like the previous post and it was huge and very room for the four of us! It had two very comfortable queen beds and a huge living area. The pool was nice and well kept. The hot tub was very clean. Work out area was clean as well. The breakfast was pleasant and the staff at the grill were on top of all of the orders! Fast and friendly!
To skip: The happy hour/reception was little to be desired. The sangria and margaritas were cheaply made and the snacks were very low quality as well.
1. See the bats in the evening. A need phenomena from the Congress Avenue bridge just down the street. Line up about 5:45pm along the bridge and enjoy the show!
2. If you are here on the first Thursday of the month, go up the street and check out the great boutiques! So cool and most offer wine and specials while you shop!
3. Rent a Kayak from the Hyatt next door and paddle down the river. The water quality was poor while we were there due to the recent flooding but was still a neat way to see the city!
4. Join a free trail running group and a corepower yoga class. Both are downtown and a close walk from our hotel. We found these neat events a nice workout option during our stay!
5. Hit Happy Hour along 6th Avenue and enjoy a steak at Lamberts!
6. Have the hotel shuttle you to Whole foods. While the thought of going to grocery store during my stay annoyed me, I am so glad I did go! We enjoyed the wine tasting, picked our favorite bottle of wine and ate an amazing lunch there! All for less than $30 for four of us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Austin, Texas on South Congress Avenue, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown/Town Lake hotel offers convenient access to many attractions. Situated opposite the scenic Lady Bird Lake and its surrounding hike and bike trail, this downtown Austin hotel is the ideal destination for extended stays and short breaks. Find entertainment for the whole family at the trendy Warehouse District, historic 6th Street, Barton Springs Pool and the South Congress ‘SoCo’ shopping district. Highlights •Downtown all-suite Austin hotel on South Congress Avenue •Near Austin entertainment, including 6th Street and the Warehouse District •Located adjacent to Lady Bird Lake and the Congress Avenue Bridge •Free made-to-order breakfast and complimentary Evening Reception* •Newly renovated lobby, restaurants and bar •Flexible Austin hotel meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas Hotel Austin
- Austin Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Austin Downtown
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Texas