Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake
  • Breakfast included
W Austin(Austin)
  • Breakfast included
1,304 results
All reviewsgreat locationevening receptionhappy hourmade to order breakfastthe congressmanagers receptionwithin a mile radiusparking garage istown lakeshuttle servicecomplimentary breakfastfree shuttleliving areawalking distanceaustin downtownbusiness triplady bird lake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent suites, location, and staff. $20 self parking, $25 Valet per night (ouch). GREAT (free) breakfast. Nice evening reception with cocktails, but food could be improved. Overall, it was a very good stay. A bit pricey, but then everything is in Austin!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We wanted to be in the thick of things and what a great choice this was. Jon, at the front desk, wanted to make sure our suite would work out. It was perfect. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a sitting area. We were right next to the Congress Ave Bridge and minutes to south Congress. In the morning we hit the trails around the lake, then the FREE breakfast, before we set off to explore Austin. We walked everywhere! Destinations were always within walking distance and YES very safe. No bat attacks. We will stay here again for sure!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed three nights here for a vacation. The room was large, comfortable, and clean as far as I could tell. The location was great for walking around downtown and the lake. We didn't utilize many of the services provided by the hotel, so I can't comment on those.

The breakfast each morning was pretty good, but nothing amazing as far as continental breakfasts go. The cleanliness of the food service was a concern to me - all three mornings, I had trouble selecting a coffee mug that didn't have remnants of food stuck to the inside. The buffet areas also could have been cleaner.

The toilet in our room made an impossibly loud sound, reminiscent of a foghorn, every time it was flushed. No sneaking to the bathroom in the middle of the night without waking your partner. I don't know if the hotel staff were aware of this issue or not.

On the morning we checked out, I found a cockroach in the bathroom. I mentioned it at the front desk, but the woman working there didn't seem too shocked.

Overall, this was a fairly good hotel with a great location, but I would not pay $200 a night to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room had only a shower, no tub. If you prefer taking a bath, you should inquire about the availability of a room with a tub.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly S
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed.

Jody Smith

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've been staying here for 13 years. I usually stay for 1-2 weeks at a time. It's nice to have a suite when you stay for more than one night. Complimentary breakfast is good with variety. Evening reception is also nice, but there is no variety any more. Arrival feebies are inconsistent and have dwindled to nothing over the years. Overall a good place to stay since my company is paying, but a bit expensive if I was on my own dime.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I think that, given the expense of a room here, they should provide a higher level of hospitality. There were things that were missed that I expect when staying at a $200/night hotel. There were no ear plugs to use in the gym - this is a great gesture for those of us, like me, that forget things. Also, when breakfast was over we had a very cranky man come and tell us we needed to leave the area. We were visiting with family from all over the country and wanted to sit and chat a bit after breakfast. The room we had was very quiet and I really appreciated that. Extremely comfortable beds and pillows just like I like. The bathroom door was broken at the bottom on the bathroom side and needed repair. Staff were wonderful to deal with and the location is outstanding for walking to restaurants, food cars, Congress St. shops, and the bats that arise at dusk from the bridge across the street from this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on floors 1-3 can be noisier than floors higher up - the sound travels a bit from the atrium style common area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family