Rodeway Inn
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$144
The Driskill(Austin)
US$286
US$252
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
US$343
US$317
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at Howard Johnson hotels before, but this location is deffinitely the worst. When I first walked into my room, I noticed that it was way smaller than other locations, it had a musty smell, I turned on the lights and noticed that the carpet had not been vacummed in a while, the bath tub was very dirty and the tub faucet was broken. How embarrasing it was to me when my mother checked into her room and was very dissatisfied with the condition of her room as well, as I had recommended it to her, I even told her that Howard Johnson's hotels were nice and clean according to my previous experiences, but apparently this one was not.
Something else that was very disturbing was that we could almost hear through the walls when the people next door were speaking either they were way too loud or the walls are very thin.

Room Tip: please read the reviews before you stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Instead of just sleeping in the car, I booked this hotel at the last minute... Went up to room and I noticed it was in an unsavory part of the hotel: lots of young people who were definitely going to be up all night, doing whatever they were going to do when one stays up all night (noticed there were quite a few of this type of character). Got my room assigned to a vacant part of the hotel, as I had to be up early.

After the convention the next day, I left and arrived home over 3 hours away. Within a few days, I was called and informed my (expensive) coat was left in the room. I told the girl that I was leaving out of country and then closing on a house, so I wouldn't be able to drive to Austin for a few months. She said no problem, and she would put it into storage with my contact info attached. A few months later, I was told, "too bad, we "donated your jacket" as it was there after 90 days. I tried to contact the GM/Owner of the hotel but was told that the owner (Viral Patel) was either "not there yet", "not in today", or "just left"... so between calling the hotel and calling the owner, and having him avoid/ignore the situation have decided that this is just a unprofessional situation, and will never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business