“Never Again!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #174 of 197 Hotels in Austin
“Never Again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel has a terrible odor! We didn't see any bugs under the bed or anywhere but when I got up to go to the bathroom during the night and turned on the light there were roaches crawling up the walls!!! There were people all over outside sitting on the concrete and made you feel very uncomfortable. The furniture in the lobby was dirty, had spill stains or something on every piece - you were afraid to sit down on any of it. We stayed there because the price was lower than anywhere else and we now know why. No excuse for this hotel to be in this condition. Breakfast was very questionable. I think the odor may be from the carpeting which definitely needs replacing. Our worst experience in our travels.

Room Tip: Don't! Ours was on first floor - didn't see others -
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
College Station
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The smell of the place was bad.. Really bad. Several rooms on my floor had alarms going off. Blankets, pillows and bed were not comfy. The air condition in my room did work every well and the shower was hot and high pressure which I liked. Overall this was the worst hotel I have stayed in but it was also only $50 a night. So I guess I should have just lowered my expectations . Also when I booked the trip online at their website is book me double what I asked for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel with the points of my Iberia/Brittish frequent flier card. It am amazed they even offered this low quality hotel on a customer loyalty program, this helps lose customers rather than retain. The rooms are very basic, which is not a big issue, but the room really looks dirty and oldish. The shower is horrific too, we decided not to try. I do not know how is possible some people opined that the people in the front desk is nice, they do not even say hello when you show up.

Stayed August 2014
Travellers also viewed these Austin hotels
Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn

Property: Rodeway Inn
Address: 2711 IH 35 S, Austin, TX 78741-5514
Region: United States > Texas > Austin > South Austin
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #174 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com and Choice Hotels so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Austin, Tx Hotel Austin