“Expect a hot shower? Forget about it!”

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #73 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a business traveler who works in government, I have stayed at this location many times. However, the last two stays I have had cold water showers. The first time, the front desk convinced me that the boiler just went down and a service call had been made. However, I am now convinced that it is a management decision to turn down the temperature on the hot water heater. If you want hot water, be sure and get up early, as the closer to 7 am you get, the chances are that the hot water will be gone. I think because the temperature is turned so low that the early risers "drain" the tank as they have to turn the shower up as hot as you can get it. This visit the front desk claimed there were no other complaints and the water was fine as if I didn't really have a cold shower. Also, one day when I returned from work at the end of the day, I realized that my room had not been cleaned and when I complained, they sent someone but they didn't even leave water glasses and coffee. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this hotel again and will tell others who I know travel to Austin that they should stay somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 January 2014

THis hotel is one of the best I have stayed at while visiting AUSTIN. It is in a great location that is accessible to many destinations. Easy to get in and out of. The staff was very friendly and helpful, The rooms were clean rooms. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Even though we have a problem with the accuracy of the room number (same room for two families) and a maintenance work order never fulfilled; we highly recommend this hotel. Staff is amiable, room, lobby and halls are always clean, good breakfast, coffee and refreshments 24/7, accommodations are excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel mainly because it's location and price, very convenient; hotel is easy to reach and the quality of the rooms is Hampton's guarantee. Comfortable and clean beds, some hot options for breakfast, free internet, etc.

Cons that I found during my stay were: the parking lot, I arrived late night and found a spot in the very back of the hotel, you have to walk a lot to get to the front office with no sidewalks, and parking spaces are soooo small, definitively a bad design; also I ran out of hot water the first day; at least I received an apologize from the front desk staff but I have received more than that in other hotels for that kind of issues.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Pablo P, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I regret to hear our accommodations did not meet your expectations on your recent stay.
We try to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can improve upon them.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Nice, clean, safe and friendly hotel. Great free breakfast, that I figured would value about $10 a person off the rate of the room. Staff was friendly, sort of gave the feeling of a family away from home. Nice sized room with all you need.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel could hold it's own in Ft Worth, TX so imagine my surprise when I walked in and discovered it's quality and amenities. It's a bit higher priced than the others but far and above in quality!!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My stay was business related. Good service, quality room, typical of Hampton's standards. The hotel was full as the USC swimming and diving team was also booked this date. The hotel handled everything competently. Would stay here again.