“Ice Storm Helpers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Cleveland, United States
“Ice Storm Helpers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

During the ice storm the front staff were very helpful and knowledgeable in providing alternate ways to get to my destinations. It was nice to have 24 hour access to hot chocolate and a warm staff too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rigby, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

After I walked in the front door to check in, I had decided within 2 minutes I was going to give this property a "Terrible" rating. The hotel had apparently given out all the king non-smoking rooms, despite my confirmed reservation for this room type on Hampton Inn's web site. I was given my keys after a few minutes and some whispering between two girls behind the desk and I made my way off to my room wondering if it would be a smoking room, a double queen room, or ??? It turns out it was a room for the disabled with a single double bed. As a Diamond elite member with Hilton/Hampton, I am expecting a room upgrade, not a downgrade. Because it was already nearly 1am, I did not bother to return to the desk to argue the issue, and switched rooms the next day. My first room had 1)bugs on the duvet, 2)stained towels, 3)a non-functional a/c unit that would not cool the room, and 4)a very loud toilet. The room was so warm when I arrived, and with the non-functional a/c I had to open the window and listen to traffic on I-35 all night. The next morning I went to the front desk to switch rooms. A new room would not be ready until the afternoon, but I could not leave my things in the original room if I wanted to switch! So I had to re-pack and take all my things with me for the day until I returned that afternoon. Unbelievable, and frustratingly inconvenient. This Hampton Inn is one of the old types that are sometimes found in the chain, with small bathrooms and claustrophobic common areas. The property felt small, worn out, and outdated. I decided that, despite the issue with the room availability when I checked in, i would score the hotel 2 out of 5 instead of one, because my next room (the king non-smoking that I booked) was much better than the first. I cannot recommend this property and will not return here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ajnuff
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

The beds are comfortable, rooms clean, very quiet hotel. I stayed at this hotel for business travel, used the workout facility which was good, and staff was friendly, lobby was clean, and open breakfast was not as large of a selection, but was available.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is one of the quietest hotels my husband and I have ever stayed in. Nestled in North Austin at the intersection of I-35 and Hwy 183, this hotel has the feel of being in the park. It offers Wifi,a computer table workstation in the rooms or free computer and printer in the lobby. The breakfast was a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels, cupcakes, bread, juices, coffee and tea. Coffee, tea, bananas and apples are offered free 24/7. The pool area is very nice, located under trees and near a stream that runs close to this hotel. When we made our reservations, we requested a double bed, nonsmoking room on the 1st floor. No surprises here, Hampton Inn handled our reservations exactly as we requested. The Ice, Soft Drink, and Food Machines are located in a very good location to all rooms. The exercise room was very clean and easy to operate with fresh towels and cold water easily accessible. We plan on staying here again for sure, as it is in a very good location to downtown, University of Texas, and two major highways, the staff is the best ever (free mints at the front desk) and our showers were hot!

Room Tip: You will love this place nice clean four story hotel. It is cozy and close to town without all the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Spring, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My arrival was fantastic and the staff was very helpful. I had come to stay for one night because the next day I was reporting in training for DPS. I didn't know the area and asked where some Italian restaurants were, but apparently there aren't many, but the receptionist told me of places near by so that I didn't have to travel far. The breakfast was pretty good, but lacked fruit, which is what I had initially wanted so as to not eat too heavily. The checkout was good too. The room was nice and clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler who works in government, I have stayed at this location many times. However, the last two stays I have had cold water showers. The first time, the front desk convinced me that the boiler just went down and a service call had been made. However, I am now convinced that it is a management decision to turn down the temperature on the hot water heater. If you want hot water, be sure and get up early, as the closer to 7 am you get, the chances are that the hot water will be gone. I think because the temperature is turned so low that the early risers "drain" the tank as they have to turn the shower up as hot as you can get it. This visit the front desk claimed there were no other complaints and the water was fine as if I didn't really have a cold shower. Also, one day when I returned from work at the end of the day, I realized that my room had not been cleaned and when I complained, they sent someone but they didn't even leave water glasses and coffee. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this hotel again and will tell others who I know travel to Austin that they should stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

THis hotel is one of the best I have stayed at while visiting AUSTIN. It is in a great location that is accessible to many destinations. Easy to get in and out of. The staff was very friendly and helpful, The rooms were clean rooms. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo