“Good Hampton Inn”

Ranked #78 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Plano, TX, United States
“Good Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had some business issues with the billing on our work trip stemming from the new general manager. However, this hotel is clean and appears to be recently remodeled. I liked the 24/7 coffee/tea bar and the nice lobby area. The friendly ladies up front even gave me a cookie one night. My room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast varied a little bit every day and had something for everyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at this property. We had a very comfortable room with a king size bed and a sofa and a desk and chair. The room was clean and the furnishings appeared to be relatively new. The mattress was very comfortable and we both slept well. The shower was fine - no complaints about hot water, I shower in the evening and my husband in the morning. We met up with some friends from out of town and we had our choice of tables and chairs or sofas to sit on while we visited. We had a refrigerator in the room and was given free water at the front desk. The hot breakfast had many good selections and was available for several hours so there was always someplace to sit. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SueRDH1
Sherman, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Room was too small for a handicap room. Barely had room to walk around after the luggage was brought in. There was no microwave or refrigerator, and therefore no means for refrigerated medication or drinks. The bed was too small, suppose to have been a queen, was more like a standard double bed.

Childress, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014

i liked the room, large enough, all was clean the ppl were very nice and help me with anything i asked. A great place to stay. I will be back. breakfast was good and the area clean. the mattress was alittle lumpy but i did ok the desk lady was really great in helping me get a take out pizza on who would deliever

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Very nice hotel. Had an odd bar sticking out of the bed that I cut myself on. Otherwise, good breakfast, clean furnishings. I also wish the rooms had microwave and a small fridge. The beds were comfortable and rooms were quiet though it was busy.

Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A previous review has nailed it about this paltry property. I arrived around 10PM after driving from Houston. My wife, who is disabled, and I had decided to get a hotel in Austin as we had a flight out early the next day. We would have done better to sleep in the car. As a Hilton Honors member I expect a certain level of service/comfort from hotel staff - GOOD LUCK finding that here. I had a reservation for a 2 double bed room and when we arrived we were told all such rooms were gone but I could have a king with a sofa sleeper - gee what a deal. After trying to work things out with the woman at the front desk (who was new and had no clue how to take care of such a problem) and a manager she reached on the phone it (who could not have cared less about our situation) it was decided to go with the king room with sofa sleeper and also it was supposed to have a microwave and fridge. My wife and I went up to the room and guess what - no sofa sleeper - even this room was not as promised. What did we get - a king bed with a ripped window shade, noisy a/c unit and near vending and elevators - just what we asked not to happen. We spent a very unsatisfactory night and were not rested or relaxed for our flight the next day. I thought, "Oh well, at least the breakfast will be good." WRONG!!! I have had fuller, better breakfast at Comfort Inns. The offerings werer meager and no where near what you expect from a Hampton Inn. This unit is old, tired and should be avoided at all costs. A subsequent call to the GM of the hotel reflected the same "Gee, sorry to be you, but I don't care attitude." AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GoldenEagle56
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

During the ice storm the front staff were very helpful and knowledgeable in providing alternate ways to get to my destinations. It was nice to have 24 hour access to hot chocolate and a warm staff too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business