“Shame on me...”

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 3 April 2014

First, let me say that I learned a valuable lesson about using price line. Instead of getting the hotel I wanted, I cheaped out and bid on a room for less than half the price. I was stuck with a stinky smoking room that irritated my eyes and sinuses. They couldn't move rooms. And, since I paid through a third party, I couldn't pay more and be switched down the street and another in their family of hotels. I really thought that should have been doable. I am probably going to have to eat the cost and move for sinuses. This is all too dramatic for my easy going self. I truly think they could have helped me out if they had wanted to! Or, perhaps corporate has left them powerless...

• Stayed: April 2014
pepperez, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Hello Debbie,

I am so sorry about your experience at my hotel. While it is true that we are limited in what we can do when it comes to third party reservations we can usually work something out that is acceptable to you. Again, I am sorry we were unable to make acceptable accommodations for you.

Pablo

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel, at the intersection of I-35 & Hwy 183, because it was close to friends. Wonderful, relaxing experience. It was too cold to use the pool, but it is beautiful. The breakfast was better than any I have had at a Hampton Inn. Staff was friendly and very helpful. This is an OASIS in busy Austin.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words Emily, we work at making this hotel as comfortable and relaxing as possible for our guests to enjoy. It's comments like yours that keep us going and really, just makes us happy. THANK YOU!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Hampton Inn was a great place to stay. The service was great, the staff was wonderful, and it was a great experience. I am planning on staying again the next time I visit Austin. All of the amenities were marvelous from the room service to the breakfasts to the personal attention that was given by each employee that I came in contact with.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the great review you gave us! You can't imagine how much they mean to all of us who work here. Do not hesitate to call me should you need anything next time you stay with us.

Pablo Perez

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in the Austin area. The room was spacious, nicely appointed, and very clean. The staff was very accommodating and quick to help us. Overall, an exceptional value & location to which I would gladly return! Nice/clean complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
pepperez, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for complimenting us on TA! We value all of our guests but these good comments are what keep us going.

Thanks Again!

Pablo

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stay at Hampton Inn a lot when I travel. Never this one again. Breakfast selection was sub par compared to other Hamptons (3 days...the exact same every day..)
But I could live with that. What I cannot live with is no hot water. First night was fine. Second morning...no hot water...not fun. On my way out I told the front desk and I was told that someone from maintenance would take care of it. I got in quite late that night and when I checked the water it was still not fixed. When I called the desk, i go a smart aleck young girl who said they were having issues with the boiler and it was fixed. I said NO...if it was fixed, I would have hot water. Well, I never did get hot water and the staff was very ho hum about the whole thing and so I cancelled my last night. I was given the managers card and told I should contact him I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Just don't go there Go to the one by the Arboretum
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I must be lying if I said I am not concerned after reading negative reviews on TA about this place, including dirty room, slow internet and attitude of some staff. My experience is mostly positive, fortunately.

Room: appears to be well maintained, ? one of the newer rooms?, AC looks a bit old but functional, nice wooden table and furniture. Beds are nice. Bathroom is also clean. Even free internet works at a functional rate of 2 MB/sec (see my speed test picture so that I can watch netflix that night). My room was at the every end of that particular wing and so I hope internet should be fine in other nearer rooms as well.

Food: free breakfast is adequate and nice. No problem found. Don't forget to taste their famous cookies at check in (I thought it is only available in Double Tree, not in downgraded version of it, i.e. Hampton).

Check-in: Just one incident that ruined otherwise would be my perfect stay here. One female staff told me that "you are getting a smoking room because you booked through priceline." May be she is the one clashing with other TA reviewers as well on petty things resulting this hotel to rank lower than it should on reviews. Management should educate her and enlighten her what your responsibility after participating in after agreeing to list in bidding sites.

First of all, I used priceline for so many times that I can not even count and this is the first time I heard this ridiculous thing. Yes, I bid and got the room at $51 (this is what it worth in Texas which is cheaper than National average rate, .....then hit you with very high taxes and fees). Nowhere in my priceline contract said you have to stay in "smoking room." All it said is "one room, one night" and bed preference, including bed type and smoking/nonsmoking to be negotiated with a particular participating hotel.

Anyway, another nice lady at the counter took care of the problem and of course, there are many non smoking room left at check in time of 3pm. If your hotel is always full, you don't even have to participate in "bidding sites."

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigboy61455
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Comfortable and elegant. Great free breakfast. 24 hour coffee/tea service in the lobby. Staff is eager to please. Copies USA today available at no cost at front desk. Hard to find at first - get directions before going.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business