“THE BEST”

Ranked #140 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Crowley, Louisiana
“THE BEST”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I love this place! It used to be called the Harthorne Inn, but it hasn't changed. It is still truely the best place I have found in Austin. And I should know, I lived there for 13 years. I always get the two floor suite, it has a full kitchen, with dishes and utensils, a living room with desk, a queen bed downstairs with bath, and a king bed upstairs with a bath and cable in both! It is really a place you can call home in Austin. This is much better than anything you can get in Austin even in the best hotels. I'm not even going to tell you price because you won't believe it!! Yeah, it's that good.

Room Tip: Get the biggest suite they have, it will be well worth it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank dgonsoulin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My mother and I traveled to Austin to meet family. I was surprised by the quality of the accommodations and service for the price. Great value and very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious and not wasteful. Staff was pleasant and gracious. In future when we get larger group together it will be nice to stay there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cynthia D
Dallas
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here for an event at the Travis Expo Center. Room was clean and had a nice big flatscreen TV. Plenty of space to walk around and do your thing. There is a kitchen also, we stayed only 1 night so we didn't use it. We had a great group rate. Breakfast consisted of scrabble eggs and bacon. Not much of choices but those items were good enough to hit the spot. The only downside is the water pressure in the room. Maybe a new sprinkler head might fix the problem. The water had some type of smell to it, not sure if my nose is sensitive or the water in Austin, Texas is different?

3 Thank RamadaWyn
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed for a night in the double room.
Everything here was just right.
The from the price to everything itself in the rooms were amazing. The suite itself was very beautiful and i recommend this place to people who stay in Austin!

3 Thank David F
Anna, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed at the Orangewood three times now. I just love it. I have used both the single rooms and the double (lofts). Both are excellent. Always clean, FULL of just about anything you need. Having a full kitchen is awesome. Fireplace for those cold evenings. The rooms remind me of a apartment. In fact I think it is an apartment complex turned hotel.

Staff are always nice and friendly. Breakfast is always good.

Only issue I can think of is the driveway entry. Not designed for low clearance vehicles. I'm usually here for car show related events and a lot of them have issues entering the lot.

Other than that, great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Calamity_Coyote
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed here for an event in Austin with friends and I and we all stayed at the orangewood suites! We really enjoyed the great deal that we got! We got the 2 bedroom suites and we enjoyed how nice it was! It was like an apartment! There was a room upstairs and downstairs and the surroundings was nice to walk the dog around. We really loved that our dogs could stay here. Our rooms were equipped with 2 restrooms and a kitchen with a full size fridge! Thank you so much and we will def. be coming back!

Room Tip: Really recommend the suites here since it's VERY spacious: especially the 2 bedrooms!
3 Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was the worst hotel experience ever! Their website state that every room has a 42" flatscreen in it, which is not true. We checked in and got to our room only to find beer bottles and cans everywhere! We were moved to another room, which was ok. No water pressure in the shower whatsoever! Couldn't fall asleep cause of the ghetto partying going on. Guy was outside in the parking lot smoking on a crack pipe. We checked out the next morning and moved to a Hilton garden inn. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst of enemies! DO NOT BOOK HERE!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank mwo2616
owsuites, Public Relations Manager at Orangewood Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are sorry to hear that your room was not completely ready at check in. We have taken the time to address this issue with our staff so that it will not happen again. We have successfully updated all the rooms to include a 42” flat screen TV. We appreciate your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels