“Pleasant place & great location”
Review of Orangewood Suites

Orangewood Suites
Ranked #142 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Longview, Texas
“Pleasant place & great location”
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Overall, OS is a good place to stay. The room was nice. We stayed in bldg 4. With a king bed, galley kitchen, fire place, large bathroom area and even an accordion room separator, it really worked well for us.
They provide a simple breakfast, and it's not European(warm protein, not only carbs), along with a happy hour that is complimentary, this place might work for you too.
What it isn't is upscale, but it's not run-down either. Friendly, helpful staff make the stay easy. It is located between Pappadeaux and Pappasitos, with Chili's next to Pappasitos.
Good option for a family of 4.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adbanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hewitt, TX
Reviewed 25 February 2013

These suites offer exceptional privacy. Shared a room with a co-worker, but we each had separate rooms and separate full bathrooms. There's an adorable little balcony for relaxing in the evening. My room did not have an awesome view, but it was nice and quiet. The grounds were well lit, but there was not a lot of light shining into the room, which certainly added to sleep quality. Delicious hot breakfast is server in a cozy dining room. The staff was helpful and patient with checking in large group.
wireless is pretty sketchy...
Unused, but awesome -- dishwasher, full refrigerator, FIREPLACE, cute small pool
I'm very likely to bring my family back, if we need to be in Austin for more than two days.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UNTMoms
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We were in town for business and had a fantastic stay here. Breakfast and dinner served daily. The food was always fresh and hot. The room was great and very well kept. Will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Austin.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ljohnson19781
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Myself and my nephew made the trip to Austin for the Innaugural F1 Austin Grand Prix, after a 24 hour trip to get their, the Hotel Staff were extremely efficient in friendly in getting us fed, watered and checked in as soon as possible.

We were in a King size suite which was huge, yes it looked a little dated but it had everything that we needed and for the things we didnt (a corkscrew) the hotel staff had it for us within minutes.

The hotel had arranged for a shuttle bus to ship us to the Expo Centre to catch our bus, and despite a little hiccup on the first day, the Hotel manager (Jasinda) took a trip to the Expo Centre to scout the best way to improve her customers experience and we never had trouble since then. The customer service by the staff and the way they bent over backwards with any
questions we had, incuding the hotel managers father, shipping us to the Train Station and the picking us back up when the trains were too full for downtown.

We cannot fault the hotel in their service and efforts to make us happy and comfortable as possible (by the way my nephew said it was the most comfy bed he has ever slept in) and we will be booking back up as soon as we can for next years race.

Room Tip: The King Suite (split levels) were fantastic
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank John C
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Went to Austin for the annual Tough Mudder race and luckily found this place. The rate was perfect, the rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm staying here anytime I'm in Austin.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jodevlin
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This place was awesome to stay at! Wonderful customer service and the room was great! I stayed in a King Suite with my family and Enjoyed every bit of it! It was like a small apartment with everything to offer! I definitely recommend and will stay again this coming up October 2012!

Room Tip: I recommend all rooms here!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I noticed on June 09,2012 there was a 109.25 charge on my credit card for this hotel First I called my bank which will remain nameless for now and stated it was pending charge and needed to contact the hotel first and get the stop cancel the charge. I then notified the property of the situation first by the front dedsk clerk who stated that she told me about some reservation policy and i stated to her how can you tell me something when i never made a reservation with this hotel and had no need to stay here when i work for one of the best chain of hotes to work for aka STARWOOD IN THE RESERVATION DEPARTMENT AND WOULD HAVE STAYED AT OUR PROPERTY FOR A HELL OF ALOT LESS AND BETTER.SO THEN SHE STATED YOU TAKE THAT MATTER UP WITH YOUR BANK BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GIVING BACK ANY MONEY ON ANY NO SHOW RESERVATION EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE RESERVATION SOMEONE HAD STOLEN MY CREDIT CARD TOLD THE BANK AND THE HOTELAND STYILL DEALING NOW ONE MONTH LATER

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mg3430196
owsuites, Public Relations Manager at Orangewood Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear mg3430196,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

We wish to thank you for considering the Orangewood Suites as a secondary property to Starwood properties.

After careful review we see that your reservation was made during ROT RALLY which is a city wide sold out event for Austin, Texas. Unfortunately, we were not able to accommodate potential guest with lodging by holding this room for your reservation. We will be honoring our cancellation policy as it was explained to you by our guest service agent..

Once again I apologize and wish you nothing, but safe travels.

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels