Hyatt Regency Austin
  • Restaurant
W Austin(Austin)
  • Restaurant
2,359 results
All reviewslady bird lakea river view roomtown lakethe congressstreet bridgebarton springsnice hotelself parkingbusiness conferencebreakfast buffetper daylobby barclose to downtownhotel restaurantsixth streetlive musicconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were upgraded to a Lake View. The hotel is only 3/4 of a mile from downtown and easily within walking distance of restaurants and clubs. The price was perfect (although we did have a military rate :)

Room Tip: Request a view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Hyatt Regency is classy enough in any city, but in Austin you have the added thrill of it being right next to the Congress Street Bridge--home to the largest bat colony in America. At dusk, thousands of bats emerge from the bridge struts and fly out over the river. Quite a site!

The hotel boasts the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in this year. Plus their bar is awesome, they have sushi chefs just off the lobby who, if you challenge them to be creative, will prepare some of the yummiest sushi rolls around, and live music too.

And did I mention they're in walking distance of the infamous Sixth Street and famous Threadgills? Well they are. Plus I could see the Aussie's outdoor volleyball courts from my window.

Room Tip: Ask for the riverside rooms if you want to see the bats.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Switched rooms on me at check in, to one the complete opposite of what I reserved. Cancelled my room service order after waiting over an hour. Restaurant advertised open until 11 pm, was closed at 10. You'll pay out the nose for parking and internet, and pay extra for room service delivery on top of a mandatory 20% "gratuity". They had some group screaming down in the bar that could be heard over the TV in my room from 10:15 pm til after midnight. The Hyatt Regency in Austin is not a good hotel, just an expensive one. I'll be spending my money elsewhere on my future trips.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Sean, thank you for sharing your review here with us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. We can assure you that we do a quarterly competitive analysis and that our pricing structure is in line with other downtown full service hotels. We pride ourselves on our service so it's hard to hear about these other rare consecutive issues you had during your stay. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our Culinary and Front Office team to ensure this doesn't happen again. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future so we can show you the service that Hyatt is really known for.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

You're literally staying on the running trail that goes under the bat bridge and passes Barton Springs Pool. You're also in between the SOCO district and 6th Street- so anything you want is probably about a 5-10 minute walk.

The rooms are pretty basic Hyatt. The bathroom was disappointing (maybe updated in early 90's) but the rooms are decent size with all the amenities you'd probably want. My room overlooked the river, trail and bat bridge.

Skip their breakfast. Seriously. It's overpriced. Their idea of fruit is melon. They did have cinnamon fried french toast one morning. It looked like the people having were having heart attacks, but if you aren't into anything healthy- this is probably ok. Again, it's overrated. I ate lunch at the bar/restaurant one afternoon (in desperation to avoid heat) and it left me wanting more and better (service and food).

The bats didn't come out while I was there, so don't get too excited. While you might miss the bats, you won't miss their smell. It's awful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Here for a conference, otherwise probably wouldn't have chosen it. Room with a view, comfortable public spaces, and acceptable meeting rooms. Restaurant was boring.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business