Location - Right on the river and just an amazing review of the skyline.
Facilities - Most of the lobby and such are dated. You can see that they are renovating a huge section of the hotel and have already added in a massive parking deck and are working on the convention center (according to the Bellhop).
Rooms - Had a suite. Great space. Great beds as per usual. TV's still not in HD and that is just stupid.
Staff- I am a 30 something and when I asked for a beer bar the super nice young lady behind the bar listed me 2 places that locals go to (college crowd) and 2 places that were more mild. She answered me honestly everything I asked. A+ service.
Food - Great food and the buffet had a guy to make fresh omelets in the AM - always a plus. Worked in my room for a full 2 days so in room dining was super cheap compared to the Gaylord Dining (where I was before this trip).
Would come back for sure. But looking forward for them updating the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Texas