Was at this hotel for a conference. The location is nice for those who are willing to walk (I am). Being on the south side of the lake you have to cross over via bridge to get into downtown Austin. Many restaurants are within 20 minutes walking distance which offers a great chance to walk-off one of the big meals.
Upon check-in I was informed that I had been upgraded to a suite and while the parlor portion of my room was ready, the bedroom was not. So I was given keys to the living room/dining portion and had to wait for the rest. When I got up to the parlor portion most of the light-bulbs were out and the room had a slight smell of old champagne. The lightbulbs were fixed in short order with a call to the front desk. However, when I was called about my bedroom being ready I went and got the new keys only to find the adjoining door was still locked. It took another hour to get the passthrough between the suite and the room opened. I had requested a king bed and would expect a king-size bedroom to be attached to a suite, but no. I got two full size (not even queen beds) that I had to curl up on to keep my legs from hanging off. I would have gladly given up the upgrade to a suite to get a king-sized bed.
I really like the size of this hotel. It's much smaller than some of the other Hyatt Regency properties. I also like that they haven't (yet) gone to the elevator system where you scan your card and are assigned an elevator by letter.
The food at this hotel is great and priced reasonably. Although don't eat all your meals here, you're in Austin for crying out loud.
Like other Hyatt Regency properties, the rooms at this property are in woeful need of an upgrade. Specifically the bathrooms. The small tub that only a toddler could actually sit down in with a shower head that is at chest level is annoying. These hotels that host conferences and business events really need to move to stand-up showers.
Finally there is a lot of construction on the south side of the hotel where you are most likely to get a room. They provide ear plugs, which is a nice touch, and necessary if you're sensitive to sounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Texas