I was hesitant at first, because the hotel certainly isn't the newest in the vicinity; however, you cannot beat the views of downtown Austin. If you want a view, this is your hotel. The room was clean and adequately updated. I stayed on the top 16th floor balcony room, with the downtown view, and the river/lake in the foreground. If you are with a special someone for a quick romantic getaway, and just want to relax away from the young ones partying across the river but need the convenience of downtown, and relish the idea of sitting on your balcony drinking a cup of Joe, reading a good book or doing whatever else tickles your fancy, you can't beat it;) There is a new parking garage offering ample affordable parking. I certainly will stay here next time I'm in town, regardless of the newer hotels going up across the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Texas